Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for a Pensions Accountant on a 3 month's contract with a possibility of an extension.
CIPFA or equivalent or experience related
Familiar with LGPS Pension Fund accounting and experience of Fusion would be helpful
* To undertake proper accounting for all Pension Fund transactions.
* To prepare all Pension Fund accounts, their submission to audit and to deal with audit queries as part of the closure of accounts process.
* To provide financial advice and support to the Pension Committees and Pension Boards of the three councils.
* To prepare reports to members, senior stakeholders, the Pension Committees and Pensions Boards.
* To work with investment advisers on fund manager monitoring reports.
* To support the wider aspects of the closure of accounts process ensuring relevant guidance and legislation are adhered to
* To support the relevant aspects of the budget development and strategy processes
* To develop complex forecasting and modelling tools
* Undertake the impact assessment of complex reports, policies and procedures
* Perform cashflow forecasting and risk management of the Pension Fund's expenditure and income streams.
* To support the production of the pensions schemes annual reports
* Provide training to other members of the Finance team in the provision of pension fund accounting and investment activities
* To support delivery of member training programmes
* To carry out all reconciliations of the dedicated pension fund bank account in accordance with regulations and any treasury activity in relation to the fund on a timely and accurate basis - carry out forecasting, monitoring and planning requirements and manage any pre-funding arrangements
* To prepare the accounting/financial information for the triennial valuation and annual IAS19/FRS17 reports with the pension fund actuaries.
* To support the financial arrangements relating to the management of admitted/scheduled/designated bodies
* To support production of responses to freedom of information requests are undertaken within the required deadlines.
* To support the treasury function where required e.g. cover dealer/checker.
* To arrange meetings and provision of catering facilities
To get more information about this role and how to apply please contact Kartik