Safeguard SVP Ltd was established exclusively to meet the increasingly sophisticated and complex requirements of the ‘Blue Light Fleets’ and the transport requirements of the Emergency Services. The company provides a complete vehicle conversion service, from initial vehicle requirement right through to the supply of a fully prepared “ready for use” vehicle. The company is accredited to the ISO 9001 standard.
The primary purpose of the role is to assist the Accountant with the efficient running of the Accounts Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of tasks which support the financial operations of the business and help to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements. The role will suit someone with a good commercial knowledge who is looking to develop their accounting skills.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
* AAT level 3 and above.
* A minimum of one year of relevant experience in an accounting and finance field, preferably with an SME.
* Experience of accounting software packages (Sage 50 and SAP would be an advantage).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* The ability to work as part of a team whilst still being able to manage the workload effectively and prioritise tasks.
* A good attention to detail and accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties will include, but not be limited to:
* The supervision of the accounts payable function, including processing supplier invoices, reconciling supplier statements and preparing suggested payment runs.
* Providing weekly debtors and creditor updates to the Accountant.
* Overseeing the sales ledger function and ensuring that credit control is carried out effectively.
* Reconciling bank and credit card statements.
* Inputting expenses.
* Ensuring the company VAT is accounted for correctly within the purchase and sales ledgers.
* Preparing employee timesheet summaries for payroll.
* Assisting with stock valuations.
* Assisting with the development of the company’s costing systems.
* Answering general accounts queries.
* This is a full-time, permanent role, based at the company’s premises in Earls Colne, Essex.
* Normal office hours will be Monday to Friday, 8.30 to 5.00.
Salary and Benefits
* The company offers a competitive salary, based on experience.
* 31 days holiday per year.
* Workplace pension.
* Free on-site parking.
* Study support after a qualifying period