Acorn is currently recruiting for a Property Accountant
Up to £45k per annum
* Competitive Salary
* 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
* PMI and Healthcare Cash Plan
* 5% Company Pension Contribution
* 3x Life Assurance
* City centre location
Our client is a leading UK-focused property investor and advisor who works in collaboration with leading professional investors and third-party owners. Our portfolio comprises assets across the UK across all commercial sectors, including Retail office buildings, Industrial and mixed-use development sites.
As Property Accountant, you will have an overarching responsibility for the service charge reporting, budget and reconciliation of a portfolio of commercial and private real estate properties.
We are expanding our team of Property Accountants in response to massive growth of the business, both delivered and anticipated. This role sits within a team of 4-5 Property Accountants, encompassed by a larger Finance department based in Manchester city centre. All of our properties are managed using MRI QUBE.
We are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience in this sector, who can quickly contribute to the continued expansion and who enjoys working in a challenging environment.
* Review expenditure coding for accuracy prior to postings
* Analysing periodic expenditure for duplications/corrections/accruals and prepayments
* Input to Budget Vs. Expenditure Reports Service charge
* Work with Centre Managers, Estates Technicians and Asset Managers to review and make the necessary adjustments for year-end inc. accruals and pre-payments
* Prepare service charge accounts and associated schedules for auditors
* Prepare variance reports for Centre/Asset Manager comments to send to tenants
* Manage the service charge audit process with assistance from Asset Managers and Estates Technicians where necessary
* Calculating service charge caps
* Raising balancing credits/charges
* Close down the service charge period
* Update QUBE with final budgets and apportionment's
* Produce tenant apportionment summaries and create periodic charges
* Delivery of working efficiencies in conjunction with Lead Property Accountant/Financial Controller
* Forecasting service charge funding requirements
* Reviewing service charge handover information on purchase and producing handover reconciliations for sold properties
* Recharging insurance to tenants
* Oversight of regular bank reconciliation process
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment