This accountancy firm have a rare and admirable record of staff retention and the jobs are varied, rewarding and unique. You will work in a high quality team with the ability to choose whether to work at home or in the office each day and earn a high salary for the East Midlands, plus have the opportunity for significant, recurring bonuses on work brought into the firm, enjoy flexible hours and develop your role if you are ambitious.
The role itself offers some of the best things about being in practice, with the satisfaction of working very closely with your clients and enjoying seeing the benefits of your efforts and being appreciated for them as you would within a finance team in industry.
The salary paid depends totally on the person hired, but is at the very top of the market and competes with national firms, but offers excellent work / life balance.
Responsible for a portfolio of clients:
· Main point of contact for all client queries.
· Responsible for accounts preparation, potentially some audit work or not - dependent on your skills and preference, corporation tax return preparation and personal tax preparation
· Involvement in tax compliance and tax planning, both personal and corporate
· Responsibility for the preparation of trust and estate returns
· Involvement in inheritance tax planning
· Supervising and coaching other members of staff
· Involvement in the day to day planning and management of the practise
· Assisting clients with budgeting and other financial planning including liaising with banks and financial advisors
The roles give you total control of your client portfolio and this leads to in depth and interesting work such as sophisticated tax involvement, helping clients refinance, buy / sell etc. You become a business and accountancy / tax advisor and your job duties and responsibilities grow organically and can grow as far as you want them to. The firm have a good work / life balance, the pay + bonus system ensures you earn well for what you do and can keep improving your salary, colleagues help each other, but work very much as a team and the firm's continued growth ensures it is a positive and energising place to work.
The whole firm is based on a belief in work / life balance. You will not be working overtime regularly if ever, you can park locally with ease and your start and finish times are flexible within reason and people are assumed to be mature and sensible in that they will complete their work but may need flexibility within reason on hours, which the firm endorse