About the role
Reporting to the EMEA Finance Manager, the post holder will be instrumental in supporting the GL Finance team as they deliver under the Sarbanes Oxley regulations (SOx). The role will heavily focus on balance sheet integrity, especially in respect of Fixed Assets. The post holder is also responsible for indirect tax returns and will provide support to both the Group tax and Trade Compliance teams in related matters.
The post holder is responsible for the preparation of Abcam plc indirect tax returns and associated returns in line with the Group procedures. In addition, the post holder will support monthly management accounting including fixed asset control account, asset creation and asset register maintenance, month end journal creation / processing via regular interaction with colleagues in FPA to ensure that general ledger balance integrity. The role will also provide support to the wider Finance team and tax teams, on an ad-hoc basis, as well as supporting the Treasury Manager by way of bank administration.
Primary duties :
· Play a key role in regular accounting processes including Fixed Asset accounting, Balance Sheet reconciliations, month end close & GL review. This includes ownership of controls preparation and execution for SOx compliance, such as Prepayments schedule preparation and integrity maintenance.
· Responsibility for inter-company relationships, to include calculation of recharges in both directions and ensuring parity of inter-company balances.
· Maintain relationships with FP&A counterparts in relation to R&D functions, including regular monthly meetings to review OPEX and CAPEX, plus review of Fixed Asset register for those departments for obsolescence or impairment.
· Control of Abcam Netherlands BV indirect tax returns process, including preparation of returns in accordance with checklist requirements, resolution to 1st and 2nd line review queries, submission via appropriate channels upon approval. This includes but is not exclusive to; Intrastat, EC Sales, VAT.
· Assisting with continuous improvement of internal processes & controls and documenting changes to Standard Operating Procedures.
· Dual bank administration responsibilities, shared across the EMEA Finance team for 4 bank relationships.
· UAT testing for Oracle Fusion Finance module process in the test environment, working closely with Product Owner/IT to make sure that all processes are fully operating as intended prior to implementation in live system environment.
· Review and approval of supplier bank changes made by the Cash Management Assistant for US, NL and UK entities complying with SOX and controls.
· Working capital review and approval for automated payments via Oracle (H2H) and urgent manual payments for Accounts Payable team on daily basis for UK, NL and APAC entities and updating of cashflow file accordingly.
· Preparation of statutory Office for National Statistics returns.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable interest in pursuing a career in Finance, coupled with a strong academic background. Previous experience of working within a similar role and with large data sets / high transaction volumes is preferable. You should possess an agile approach to working in a dynamic and fast changing environment.
Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders across both Finance teams and the wider business would be highly advantageous.
You should be focussed and diligent with strong attention to detail. Strong communication skills, a continuous improvement work ethic and a flexible/agile approach are key attributes for success in this role. Strong systems skills are also necessary, and the ability to work with different teams in different time zones will be key to success in this role.