Our client is currently looking for an Assistant Accountant who can join them on an interim basis for at least the next 3-6 months with the chance to extend.
The main activity of the role will be the provision of accounting and budgetary control information for activities of the authority as directed by the Senior Assistant Accountant
Rate: Negotiable hourly rate dependent upon experience
Duration: 3-6 months initially, with likely extensions
Hybrid working. 2 days per week onsite
• Preparation of service accounts in liaison with departmental budget Managers
• Preparation of service estimates and budgetary control information in liaison with departmental budget Managers
• Preparation of financial reconciliations
• Day to day financial advice and guidance to departmental officers
• Routine inputs to the Financial Management System
• Performing any other duties of a nature consistent with the above grade that may arise from time to time within the Department
The ideal candidate will have:
• 2 years of experience in an Accountancy environment
• Experience in a local government finance environment
• AAT qualified or equivalent
• Knowledge and experience of budget and final accounts preparation
• Knowledge of budget monitoring
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.