A fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growth scale-up as a graduate. Abacai is offering an ACA/ACCA training package to become a qualified chartered accountant - this includes full study support.
You will receive the best possible training, including daily exposure to co-founders. Upon completing your chartered accountancy qualification you will be head and shoulders above your peers in terms of both expertise and experience.
You will be joining a company that has two main goals:
Creating the best culture for their employees
Providing the best service for their customers
Applicants will only be considered if they include a CV and a strong cover letter within the application. Only apply if you're based in or around London (including surrounding counties).
The successful candidate will start 3 Jan 2023. We will only close the application process when we find the right candidate for the role.
What we offer
You will receive study support, including courses and materials paid for and time off for exams
You'll earn between up to £25,000, with a clear route to be increased to £30k within the first 12 months.
You'll work remotely and flexibly, with monthly office days.
You'll receive 23 days (+ 8 bank holidays) annual leave.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a start-up, which means there is plenty of opportunities to grow with the business.
You'll join our remote office environment every day. This gives you the best of both worlds. You have the benefits of office work. Learning through osmosis, the opportunity to ask hundreds of questions, support from senior members of staff and office banter. With the benefit of not having to compute.
You'll receive a generous budget for kitting out your home office.
You'll join monthly company socials (based in and around London). So far these have ranged from shuffle-boarding to the semi-finals of the Euros at Wembley.
You'll be trained using the latest software and automation techniques.
Abacai is a London-based (remote) accountancy firm that provides an outsourced finance function, exclusively for scaling e-commerce businesses.
Our mission is to become the market leading accounting and finance solution in this field. We take great pride in making the lives of our clients easier, whilst giving them the tools and insights they require to ensure their business is a success.
The founders (ex Deloitte) have backgrounds in both accounting and sales, having worked at Classpass, Intuit QuickBooks and Codat.
Abacai has achieved 100% year on year growth and is looking for someone to help the business continue on this trajectory, whilst maintaining the highest possible standard of client service.
We’re aiming to be the most sustainable accounting firm on the planet and have a number of initiatives in place to support this including for each client we work with, removing one KG of plastic from the ocean per month and planting 19 trees per year removing 60 tonnes of CO2.
At Abacai, we will give you the skills required to become a complete accountant, being able to work towards running a finance function independently.
You will assist our senior accountant with the month-end process for a portfolio of clients, working towards producing output to a perfect standard.
On a daily basis tasks will include:
- Bookkeeping: using Xero and other financial software to efficiently deal with company transactions.
- Working on management reports, that clients use to make key business decisions.
- Using Microsoft Excel to manipulate various data sources, to ensure they are recorded accurately in Xero.
- Using integrated third party software to set up payments for review.
- Assisting with monthly reporting and performing monthly checks on the financial data, including analytical reviews.
- Preparation of monthly payroll and pension filings.
- Preparation of VAT returns within Xero.
- Liaising with HMRC and other third parties for general queries.
- Responding to client queries and assisting with ad hoc requests.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is extremely hungry to learn - the road to becoming chartered is long but rewarding. - Is extremely receptive to feedback - we’re constantly looking to improve ourselves and our team.
- Has strong a-level results.
- Has a huge amount of pride in the work they produce. We strive to ensure the work we provide is always at the highest standard and we won’t settle for anything less. - Puts a strong emphasis on customer service. We act as an extension of our client’s team and we pride ourselves on the highest possible levels of responsiveness.
- Has strong attention to detail.
- Has a high level of ownership and autonomy, with a curious mind to look for answers. - Is process driven and has the desire to challenge and improve existing processes.
- Is very organised, with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Is aiming to become a chartered accountant or is already part qualified (ACCA or
ACA qualified). We’re open to trainees at different stages of their studies.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, keyboard shortcuts).
- Is super motivated and wants to make a difference in a growing start-up! We’re a small team, constantly growing and learning and we want you to be a part of that!
2 stage interview:
25-minute introductory call with the founders to establish if there is a good fit
1-hour task-based interview followed by a Q&A session with the wider team.