This growing international technology organisation based in Farnborough are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team. You will be joining a vibrant, developing organisation and this is a newly created role within the team due to company growth. Furthermore, this role will be fully office based and comes with fantastic work benefits. This is a fantastic role for an AAT studier or QBE individual who is looking for their next varied accounts role.
Accounts Assistant - About The Role
In this role you will be reporting into the Finance Manager and will be working within a finance team of 5. You will be responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping functions for 2 offices as well as assisting within other areas of accounts.
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Accounts Payable – Inputting all invoices, dealing with supplier queries, matching supplier invoices with delivery notes and purchase orders.
* Purchasing – working with the procurement teams in both the UK and overseas to raise and place purchase orders with suppliers.
* Reconciliation of supplier statements to ensure all transactions are correct.
* Completing new supplier forms and setting them up accurately in the system.
* Checking and entering staff expense claims, making sure all approval processes are correct
* Posting of bank transactions and reconciling bank statements.
* Reconciliation of credit card expenses & BS accounts.
* Liaising with the office manager regarding any ad hoc duties
The successful Accounts Assistant will have
* Previous experience in a similar accounts position
* AAT studiers or QBE candidates will be considered
* Working knowledge of SAP would be desirable
* Experience within an SME would be beneficial
Accounts Assistant – Benefits
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Company bonus scheme
* Car parking onsite
* Pension scheme
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)