We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Finance team, This opportunity is a *full time fixed term role for 12 months.* You will be assisting the business partner and management accountants with the financial reporting of all areas within the relevant division, in line with the departments operational plan. The role will involve working closely with other members of the finance team and ensuring the supply of accurate and timely information.
If you think you are the right match for the following opportunity, apply after reading the complete description.
Pobl is more than just a Housing Association, it’s a multi-faceted business who’s range of provision varies from care and support to individuals, through to commercial development activities. The finance department provides services for all these businesses, so you will potentially get involved in a wide range of operations adding to your professional experience.
*What will you do?*
* Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts, including income and expenditure accounts, variance analysis and supporting commentary for schemes and areas within the relevant division.
* Review and report on rolling forecasts and assist with the annual budget preparation for areas within the division
* Support and guide operational teams and budget holders in developing their financial awareness.
* Advise schemes and projects on the application of finance procedures and regulations as appropriate.
* To process and supply KPI information for budget holders and senior staff on areas affecting performance.
* Assist operational personnel within the Group with the completion of external return paperwork relating to finance information.
* To provide ad-hoc reports as requested by management across the Group in relation to financial performance.
* Assist in the annual audit process, providing any supporting information as required.
* Undertake reconciliations (including balance sheet reconciliations) and ensure compliance with financial controls within the finance accounting systems
*Who are we looking for?* (For more detail see Job Description):
We are looking for an individual with at least two years relevant experience. You will need experience in the preparation of management accounts and manual reconciliations. It is preferable if candidates are AAT qualified or studying towards the qualification but not essential.
You will need to demonstrate excellent numeracy and literacy skills with attention to detail and be able to manage competing priorities whilst working under pressure. We are looking for a self-starter with drive to challenge and improve processes, to ensure efficiency and best practice.
*What’s in it for you?*
In Pobl, people really are at the heart of everything we do and we support our staff with training and career development and progression. We provide all training required to successfully deliver the role and you will be surrounded by a fully experienced and supportive team and manager.
One of our core values is “considerate” and we have recently offered our colleagues additional support with cost of living which includes shopping gift cards and additional salary payments throughout the winter until March 2023. As an employer we are committed to our values and to supporting our colleagues as much as possible with their income. We also regularly review our salaries and in the last 12 months have increased them twice.
We also care about our employee’s wellbeing and offer a Time for Talking service where counselling and psychological wellbeing support 24/7, 365 days a year is available to you should you need it.
Pobl benefits include:
* 26 days holiday
* Excellent Pension options
* Career Progression
* Mileage paid at 45p per mile
So if you have not only the skills and experience, but also share our values, we would be interested in discussing this vacancy with you.
*To begin your Pobl journey click "Apply Now"*
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: £24,814.00 per year
* Casual dress
* Company car
* Company pension
* Cycle to work scheme
* Employee discount
* Free parking
* Referral programme
* Sick pay
* Wellness programme
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Swansea