*Domestic Abuse Support Worker*
Before applying for this role, please read the following information about this opportunity found below.
*Salary: Part-time and Full-time roles - £21,348 pro rata*
*Contract Type: Permanent*
*YOU *is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people, working across Somerset, Hampshire, Dorset, West Sussex and the Isle of Wight to give them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
*This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.*
The ideal domestic violence and abuse worker will:
* Health & Social Care qualification or equivalent to NVQ level 3 *or* equivalent work level experience
* Experience supporting women, men and children who have been subject to domestic violence and abuse on 1;1 or group work basis
* Experience and knowledge of safeguarding adults and children
* Experience of completing and building on strengths, needs and risk assessments
* Experience of responding calmly and effectively to people in crisis or emergency
* Understanding of domestic violence and abuse issues affecting families
* Knowledge of resources available in the community to increase health and wellbeing for children and families such as mental health services, substance misuse etc
* Knowledge of Honour Based Violence, Forced Marriage and Female Genital Mutilation
* Knowledge of criminal and civil proceedings relating to Domestic Abuse
* Knowledge of housing and welfare benefits including no recourse to public funds
* Skilled at IT including excel and word, writing case studies, emails and reports
* Ability to work client focused flexible hours, including evenings, nights as required and weekends and form part of an on call rota which may require night time call out.
*And who can: *
* Work in a fast paced environment, use own initiative and think creatively.
* Provide practical and emotional support to individuals experiencing domestic violence and abuse
* Show passion about working with men, women and children who have been subjected to domestic abuse.
Paragon (part of the You Trust) is the Hidden Violence and Abuse Service covering Somerset, Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. This innovative and exciting service works with victims of domestic abuse, stalking, sexual crime and children and young people. Our services aim to support the whole family where we are able.
The service offers a variety of support and interventions including outreach, refuge, target hardening, court support, and recovery groups.
Paragon Domestic Abuse Workers are part of a team providing practical and emotional support to individuals and families experiencing domestic abuse. As a Domestic Abuse Worker you will work with individuals, parents and others to develop and deliver a range of effective interventions and with partners to ensure a whole family approach, where indicated. This may be via proactive "in-reach" support to people living in refuge and outreach, move on and resettlement support, providing a flexible, trauma informed, client centred risk led service.
* You will co-produce full risk assessments with the client and ensure their needs and circumstances are reflected within all safety and support plans, carrying out property surveys and safety planning where identified
* You will provide 1:1 support to enable the client to understand the impact of DVA
* You will work with parents to improve their parenting capacity, increase health and wellbeing, develop strengths, confidence and abilities of all family members to support living their life in a positive and safe way
* You will work closely with other professionals and local community groups and be the named contact for the family
* Workers should be violence and abuse free in their own lives, if this is not the case then please do not put yourself forward for selection.
* You have the ability to work client focused flexible hours, including evenings, nights as required and weekends and form part of an on call rota which may require night time call out.
* You are a car driver with willingness to work across the county and to travel beyond occasionally for meetings and training
*YOU* has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
* Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options.
* Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave.
* Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Please send a brief CV in the first instance so Amie Talbot can assess your suitability for the post and she may then send a couple of additional questions for you to answer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,348.00 per year
* Additional leave
* Casual dress
* Company events
* Company pension
* Cycle to work scheme
* Referral programme
* Sick pay
* Store discount
* Wellness programme
* Weekend availability