*Senior Global Accountant (Solvency II) - London*
Are you ready to apply Make sure you understand all the responsibilities and tasks associated with this role before proceeding.
*£62,000 - £72,000 per annum + 10% bonus scheme & fantastic benefits*
*Flexible / Hybrid Working*
*Permanent / 35 hours per week*
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Working in our Group function you’ll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care not just in the UK but around the globe.
No matter your role, you’ll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customers each and every day, by helping shape the strategic direction of our business around the world.
This role is a key member of the Regulatory Reporting Team, based in the Bupa Head Office (Angel Court, London) and is responsible for the delivery of regulatory reporting (primarily Solvency II) to the PRA. The role provides an opportunity to shape the future of Bupa’s regulatory reporting processes in line with market best practice.
*What you'll do*
This individual will be responsible for the following:
* Delivering Solvency II reporting requirements such as Group Own Risk and Solvency Assessment Report (ORSA), Solvency and Financial Conditions Report (SFCR) and Regular Supervisory Report (RSR) in compliance with EIOPA / PRA guidance and Bupa methodology.
* Assisting with the delivery of the annual and quarterly Quantitative Reporting Templates (QRTs).
* Leading on the International Capital Standards project across the finance function and the SII regulatory reporting change projects.
* Assessing and updating the Bupa methodology for relevant regulatory changes.
* Implementing reporting processes within the quarterly and annual reporting cycle, including the associated controls and governance.
* Participating in an environment of continuous improvement to ensure that all reporting is conducted to the highest possible standard whilst meeting efficiency requirements.
* Providing input into regulatory governance papers and reporting packs to senior management and committees.
* Providing input into the annual stress and scenario testing as applicable to the ORSA and required PRA exercises.
* Undertaking stakeholder management across Group Finance and Global Market Units in a manner that develops a ‘customer service’ culture across Group Finance to ensure that the function builds rapport with, and understanding of, each Market Unit and Group Function.
* Assisting on ad-hoc accounting tasks, which will typically provide exposure to a number of senior stakeholders.
*What you'll bring*
We are looking for an ambitious individual with regulatory or financial reporting/advisory experience, good communication and stakeholder management skills. To perform the role we would look to the following attributes:
* Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA).
* Insurance Financial Reporting & Solvency 2 experience is essential.
* Clear understanding of financial controls and importance of data integrity.
* Experience of coordinating large processes with multiple stakeholders.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and able to manage conflicting tasks and deadlines.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* An organised and flexible approach to work.
* Strong Excel and data manipulation skills; experience of working with financial consolidation systems an advantage.
The successful candidate will be able to:
* Review and analyse often-significant amounts of financial and written data, ensuring swift resolution of issues and identifying matters for further investigation.
* Critically review and interpret information and decide on a course of action whilst considering the impact on other transactions/projects/stakeholders.
* Deal effectively with both financial management and staff at various levels.
* Deal with delays and omissions in information required to complete tasks.
* Perform tasks to the highest professional standards.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Senior Global Accountant you’ll be eligible for:
* 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell.
* Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind.
* An enhanced pension plan and life insurance.
* Annual performance-based bonus.
* Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available.
* Various other benefits and online discounts.
*Diversity and Inclusion*
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £62,000.00-£72,000.00 per year
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London, EC2R
Reference ID: R1115865