My reputable public sector client in Aylesbury are currently recruiting for an Assistant Financial Accountant on a permanent basis.
Fantastic Permanent opportunity - Aylesbury based with some agile/flexible working!
Salary : £30,000-£34,372
Hours: Full Time – 37 hours per week – Monday-Friday (Working from home 2-3 days a week)
- Assist in the performance and review of regular nominal ledger account reconciliations including bank and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- To manage the payroll and expenses processes for the organisation. Ensure that the payroll is operating effectively and produce and submit all related statutory and other (e.g. pension, CIS, P11Ds, and PSA) returns on time. Check the collated data on payroll and expenses for submission to the payroll bureau.
- Reconcile payroll accounts. (See Appendix 1 for more details)
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of VAT returns under both the partial exemption and standard methods. Calculate VAT shelter payments due to Bucks County Council (BCC) as per agreement. On-line submission of the VAT returns to HMRC, preparation of the monthly VAT journal and generation of the VAT Shelter payment to BCC.
- To assist in the preparation and submission of other tax returns for the Group including CT and SDLT.
- To take responsibility for the management and control of all insurance claims made against or claimed by the organization, by being the key point of contact between the Trust and the broker and ensuring information requests are responded to in a timely manner. Collect, collate and manage all claims data and pass to the insurers. Monitor claims progress via the Insurers on-line system and download reports for management as required.
- To assist in insurance renewals for the Group and inform insurers of changes in Vehicles and keep details up to date on DVLA website.
- Maintain the Property Fixed Assets Register on the asset management system. Work closely with the Development team on new Property additions, and Strategic maintenance department on component additions. Reconcile Property numbers and category to those on the Housing System and financial amounts to the Finance System. Produce reports as required.
- Maintain the Non-Property fixed asset register system ensuring all assets are correctly recorded and depreciated according to the Trust’s accounting policies and industry accounting standards. Work closely with the management accounting team and other departments to ensure the register accurately reflects the assets currently in use in the business.
- To assist the Financial Services Manager with the preparation for audits and implementation of internal audit recommendations.
Clients benefits include:
- 28 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
- Discretionary performance related payment
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Health Cash plan
- Workplace Options Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discount scheme
If you’re interested and suitable please apply now!