Job Number: 3223867Posting Date: Sep 16, 2022Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-LondonEducation Level: Bachelor's DegreeJob: AuditEmployment Type: Full TimeJob Level: Senior Manager DescriptionCompany Profile
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Internal Audit Department reports to the Firm's Board Audit Committee and comprises financial, technology and risk auditors. Our mission is to be recognized as a strong and high performing audit function that is viewed as a trusted authority and advisor to the Board, Firm management and industry regulators in assessing and strengthening the Firm's control environment. Internal Audit provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of Morgan Stanley’s internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes.
Technology Auditors focus on the application and system infrastructure controls that manage business risks and are responsible for understanding, analyzing, and testing the technology controls, including those over data accuracy, completeness and processing, systems development, application security and entitlements, production management and technology governance. Technology Auditors work closely with our Business Auditors to perform integrated audits.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a strong technology audit candidate to cover the applications and system infrastructure supporting the London Internal Audit team.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Execution of technology-led audits and integrated audits with business auditors from initiation to completion
- Helping to define and execute the audit plan, continuous monitoring efforts and risk assessment processes
- Develop an ongoing trusted advisor relationship with internal clients and IAD business unit colleagues to ensure timely and consistent controls advice
- Assist Audit Management with scheduling, test plan development, audit issue vetting and documentation, reporting to Senior Management, as well as various ad-hoc projects within Technology audit
- Identify the root cause for control deficiencies and evaluate management action plans to address deficiencies
- Collaborate with application developers, system architects, engineers, and security practitioners to audit applications and systems #LI-hybrid
- 5 + years’ experience in Technology, Risk Management and/or IT Audit, preferably with a Financial Services institution, Brokerage, or Public Accounting Firm
- Knowledge of audit processes and ability to document audit work in line with
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in auditing and/or developing complex applications, system interfaces and infrastructure, data processing, applications and technology general controls (i.e. SDLC, Change Management, and entitlements)
- Familiar with common system and security frameworks (e.g., COBIT, ITIL, NIST) and regulatory guidance (e.g. MiFID2, Basel, etc.)
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of financial services products, especially those associated with algorithmic electronic trading activities
- Practical understanding of programming languages, (e.g., SQL, JAVA etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or IT-related disciplines preferred) CISA, CRISC, or CISSP certification preferred
- English language skills required (speaking, reading and writing at advanced level), German and other Continental European languages are beneficial.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. #LI-hybrid