JN Technical are recruiting an experienced Drawing Office Manager for an established Yorkshire based steel fabricator. It is important that applicants have an expert level of Tekla experience within the UK structural steel industry and the proven ability to manage a Drawing Office.
Drawing Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage and co-ordinate the day to day project draughting and documentation requirements
- Manage draughting and documents staff and to deliver the drawings within time
- Mentor and assist with the development of draughting and documentation staff as required
-Ensure all drawings are stored correctly in electronic and paper format - Manage the checking/approvals of all drawings issued by department - Carrying out layout drawings and revisions
- Liaising with Project and Proposal Engineers with respect to all drawings
- Production of parts lists for any drawing
- Recognise and work to Company and/or Industry Standards - Work closely with the Engineering Team to develop solutions
- Check for and identify interface issues in design and identify to Project Engineer
- Ensure all activities are carried out in line with Company QA & HSE
- Requirements and Procedures
- Keep up to date with TEKLA and / or other CAD related software developments and revisions.
- Possess a good working knowledge of BIM, to develop and implement BIM policy and procedure.
- Have knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to Model build, connections and fabrication drawings.