Robert Walters are delighted to be working in partnership with Puma Energy to assist in recruiting for a Treasury Manager to join them on a permanent basis. This role will be based at their U.K head office in Westerleigh near Bristol and offers the individual an exceptional opportunity to join a fast paced, dynamic high growth organisation.
Based in almost 50 countries with circa 5000 employees, Puma Energy operates a network of over 100 storage terminals and more than 3,100 retail sites. They are present in 84 airports across the worls and play a fundamental role in the ever changing energy landscape.
This Treasury Manager position is an incredibly unique opportunity for a Treasury professional to join an organisation and take ownership of not only the Treasury function, but become an intergral figure as part of the wider finance team.
Puma Energy is rapidly expanding and is on a enviable growth trajectory so the right professional joining now would see clear professional and career progression opportunity handed to them.
As the Treasury Manager, your key responsibilities would include:
- Managing daily cash balances, responsible for ensuring that the company's cash flow is adequate to allow it to operate effectively
- Forecasting cash-flow receipts and payments, anticipating challenges arising cash flow movements, maintaining liquidity at all times and investing cash surpluses with Group Treasury.
- Identify and manage FX exposures and ensure risk mitigation and currency liquidity is efficiently and effectively managed.
- Oversee the management of the commodity exposures ensuring the risk is managed effectively with no significant controllable losses being incurred.
- Owner of the UK Factoring programme to ensure correct levels of working capital; manage relationship with the factoring company, ensure all accounting entries surrounding Factoring are correctly booked and reconciled, produce with AR accountant weekly factoring files.
- Lead financing activities for the company arranging intercompany loans and other financing facilities.
- Managing relationships with banks and maintaining positive good relationships; negotiating loan or overdraft terms with banks, arranging bank guarantees, letters of credit and other when required.
- Responsible for the management of the credit portfolio and credit risk management including credit insurance, guarantees and letters of credit.
- Contribute to the financial reporting requirements including the regular audits of the financial results.
- Management of the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Commercial Risk team of 4.
- Progressing specific financial projects, such as acquisition of another business and evaluating the financial impact of new business ventures.
This is a critical hire for Puma Energy and we foresee that the requirements for this role for the successful applicant would be:
- Professional accountancy or treasury qualification.
- Hands on and capable of managing and delivering competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Right first-time approach with strong technical, research and analytical skills.
- Has a collaborative, positive and energetic approach with strong interpersonal & communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Highly motivated and driven to deliver and succeed;
There is a highly competitive salary on offer for this role of £65,000 - £75,000 as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes bonus, enhanced pension, PMI, life insurance and others benefits as expected from an organisation of this calibre.
For more information, please contact Joseph Bennetts at Robert Walters on (url removed) or (phone number removed).
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates