Full-time, permanent opportunity for a Project Manager with experience in the manufacturing/construction industry to join a successful and growing business. A customer facing role providing the link between the factory floor and the end product delivered to client with dedication and sincerity.
Technical Project Manager - About The Role
* You will have the ability to successfully carry multiple projects from the point of order through to completion. Projects can run for months and be complex in nature, the ability to cope under pressure and be committed to providing excellent customer care is vital.
* Evaluate project information received from the sales team to check technical compatibility from both a manufacturing and accreditation perspective.
* You will work closely with clients, contractors, architects, and other project managers to agree and finalise details and to be the central point of contact during the project.
* Compile detailed manufacturing schedules/drawings for client approval.
* Liaise with clients and architects typically by email/phone or occasionally attend a meeting on site to discuss the project details.
* Liaise with suppliers and internal production team for the procurement of raw materials on a job specific basis.
* Complete job sheets to produce goods.
* Update project costs if the scope of works changes during the approval process.
* Liaise with production/contracts departments to hand over client/project specific deadlines and expectations.
* The role is predominantly office based – some travel to sites for meetings essential.
The successful Technical Project Manager will have/be:
* A track record of delivering projects successfully.
* Ability to manage and track changes to the project scope and project costs of multiple projects. Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads.
* Careful attention to detail and the ability to make decisions.
* The ability to learn and understand our manufacturing process in view of intelligent interaction with clients and architects over project specific details.
* Excellent written/verbal/client-facing communication skills.
* Competence to handle and be responsible for large financial figures.
* Ability to work and be accountable individually and in a team.
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs – particularly Excel.
* Previous experience in manufacturing or construction processes would be a distinct advantage.
* A basic understanding of 2d Cad software is advantageous.
Technical Project Manager – Benefits
* 31 days holiday inc Bank Holidays
* Free on-site parking
* Company bonus scheme
* Company events
* Wellbeing programme
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £100 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)