Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Shared Service Centre team (SSC) provides essential support to a number of teams across our firm. As well as assisting on large-scale operations, beyond the capacity of a core specialist team, they provide the unparalleled expertise we need to keep moving forward. As part of this friendly department, you’ll have the chance to work on exciting projects and develop your skillset. There’s real opportunity, making it a great chance to use industry knowledge and experience to solve problems in your next career step, or it can be a place to learn if you’re just starting out. If you want to work on important projects and explore your potential, we’ll give you the friendly, supportive working environment to go far.
We’ll help you succeed
Our clients trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who can work pro-actively, managing your own tasks, but you’ll also be confident collaborating with others, communicating regularly with senior managers, Directors, and BDO’s Partners to enable us to serve our clients effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to our clients.
The firm is looking to recruit a Strategic Change and implementation Manager to join the SSC Projects Team. The Projects team is one of several teams within BDO’s rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC) based in central Liverpool. SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
Change and Implementation Management:
* Plays a lead role in the delivery of the SSC 5 Year Growth Plan focusing on technology / efficiency enhancements.
* Delivers projects using an appropriate structured approach as set out within the project methodology process used within BDO.
* Initiates projects in a controlled manner clearly defining project scope, costs, success criteria, dependencies, assumptions and constraints with stakeholders.
* Gather prioritised requirements within the business.
* Manage the project through planning, design, build, testing and service transition phases ensuring the agreed objectives and success criteria are delivered on time and within budget.
* Agree and control the project budget and escalate any deviation to the Steering group in advance.
* Controls and manages the impact of changes to scope, budget and timescales through the agreed process.
* Identifies and facilitates the resolution of issues recognising interdependencies and escalating where appropriate.
* Identifies and mitigates risks recognising interdependencies and escalating where appropriate.
* Ensures that business deliverables/benefits of the project can be demonstrated.
* Liaison with the Internal Comms and Business Change teams to inform them of progress so they can deliver their Comms and Training plans.
* Identify continuous improvements within the SSC and provide project support where required.
* Manage process mapping of existing and new activities within the SSC.
* Management of 3rd party vendors and ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
* Can manage multiple projects running concurrently.
* Management experience of leading a project team, including 1-1’s, objective setting, performance management.
* Demonstrates strong skills to communicate, influence, negotiate and deal effectively with all levels of the SSC, the Business organisation and Suppliers.
* Uses collaborative language and effective questions to identify issues, encouraging healthy debate and facilitating the open exchange of ideas.
* Manages client expectations by listening carefully to their needs and balancing requirements with ability to deliver.
* Demonstrates ability to tailor communication style and approach depending upon the target audience and key messages to be delivered (eg. Stakeholder reporting, Steering Groups, Clients)
* Demonstrates ownership and accountability for the projects within their control.
* Adapts leadership style given the situation and people involved.
* Encourages effective teamwork through collaboration, enabling the sharing of skills, experience and ideas.
* Experienced as a Change / Implementation / Project/Programme Manager within the professional services industry or similar with a good understanding of project management disciplines.
* Qualified in an industry recognised project management discipline or accreditation e.g. Prince 2, Agile or similar or can demonstrate experience in delivering projects using a structured approach.
* Industry knowledge - understanding of a Professional Services Industry – desirable.
* General commercial awareness and drive to seek value options.
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better