The following information provides an overview of the skills, qualities, and qualifications needed for this role.
Medical education and e-learning company is growing and needs an operations manager to handle process and systems improvement, compliance, office management, human resources including recruitment and suppliers.
The office is easy accessible in central London and most staff work on a hybrid basis.
Essential experience we’re looking for:
A good knowledge of HR and operational legal formalities, including in IR35 and GDPR, and experience of policy and process implementation.
A strategic mindset, and an understanding of how to plan and deliver operational strategies.
A good knowledge of budget control, planning, forecasting, and tracking.
People-centred, engaging and self-motivated.
The company is one of the leading specialists in the digital publication of independent open access medical news and education.
They produce a wide variety of digital media content across several therapeutic and disease specialties, ensuring health care professionals are up to date with the latest innovations and education.
The company is undergoing a significant period of growth and need extra support to continue to expand its international activity.
Tasks and responsibilities
* Ensuring the processes and systems used by the company are smart and efficient
* Implementing good governance practices - risk management, GDPR, expenses and HMRC
* Working with the Senior Leadership Team to attract new talent
* Oversee staff benefits and training programs to make sure their team is growing, happy and supported:
* Ensure continuous learning and development, and that regular, open feedback is maintained and welcomed
* Oversee the recruitment process and the development of contracts and subscription to benefits
Oversee and review the appropriate use of our office in London and that it is maintained to a high standard
Manage IT with their IT service provider, including the implementation of new security processes and integrations where necessary such as security and storage upgrades, software packages and other operational tools
* Budget management – forecasting, tracking budgets, implementing cost saving practices (recruitment, travel, and expenses)
* First reviewer of T’s & C’s for partner contracts
Oversee monthly reporting of audience, journal, financial and other company KPIs
The successful candidate will most likely come from an operations and/or office management background either for a small to medium size organisation or if larger, able to demonstrate an ability to easy integrate to a small and fast-growing company.
Ideally based in London or easily accessible to their central London office
Relevant HR experience
Compliance experience (GDPR, IR35, legal, contracts etc)
Experience of reviewing, selecting, shortlisting, improving systems and processes
Experience of office management to some degree
Highly organised, calm under pressure and someone who enjoys a highly varied workload
*The benefits *
* Approximately £60’000 – £80’000 pa
* 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
* Company pension
Welcoming, fun, and enthusiastic team with a positive culture and love of communicating scientific and medical developments in a fun and engaging way
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply now, and follow Wentworth Life Sciences on LinkedIn and social platforms for future opportunities.