It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve. We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you. Come join us.Job grade: PCGT/VM Level 5Location(s): Slough (hybrid)About the TeamThe CCO portfolio provides both technical and delivery expertise and Programme Management for key deliveries originating from Gareth Turpin's organisation, delivering demand for our Mobile Division which covers Consumer Pay Monthly, Pay & Go, and giffgaff. The CCO team works collaboratively with our stakeholders, as a trusted partner, to supply Architecture & Design options, Project Management and Business Analysis to deliver change and new capabilities for our Commercial, Trading, Channels and Service partners. The CCO team also works across Virgin Media O2 on company-wide programmes and provides technical expertise on our mobile architecture to support other Portfolio’s deliveries.Key AccountabilitiesThe primary purpose of the Senior Programme Manager, is to provide the governance and delivery execution of complex programmes and projects for the CCO portfolio roadmap. This includes:
• End to end responsibility for product delivery lifecycle for a programme of new and existing products from approval through design, development, integration, test, deployment and into P&TD for multiple large complex programmes
• Provide leadership for these programmes through formal governance roles, e.g. on steering committees, and by building and maintaining trusted relationships with stakeholders in the UK and across the organisation and its partners as required
• Responsible for end to end programme delivery including upfront engagement in scoping of new initiatives to support business strategy and delivery of enabling technical core network and access programmes within the scope of the portfolio
• Dependencies management with platform delivery teams where required to enable integration into the delivery roadmap
• Act as the programme head including coaching, mentoring, and knowledge sharing activities within across the Delivery function
• Direct, manage and motivate a team of highly skilled & knowledgeable internal/external Project managers,
• Work collaboratively with other members of the Support portfolio management team to develop a team strategy and team development plans
• Deputise for Head of Programmes when required Experience required:• Preferred certification from a recognised professional body e.g. APM, PMI, IPMA
• Experience in delivery of technical products in the telecommunications, cable, and/or media industries
• Experience in and knowledge of the assigned domain, together with experience of the end-to-end product lifecycle, in addition to technical delivery. This experience could have been gained in technical, operational, product management, and/or delivery roles• Delivery Management skills. Comprehensive and strong skills in project and programme management.
• A deep understanding and first-hand experience of traditional waterfall and agile project management methodologies used in the industry e.g. PRINCE2, Scrum
• Knowledge of and experience in operating governance processes
• Strong enough commercial skills and experience to be able to develop and challenge costs and benefits in business cases
• Strong resource management, financial management, and budget management skillsWe’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits. Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform - O2 Campus. We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it. Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places. If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.