Job TitleCategory Manager - Corporate
AdvertPeople make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We're writing our next chapter. Be part of it!At Sage, we recognize that the world of work has rapidly shifted over the last few years, particularly how we work. That is why we have committed to working in a hybrid way going forward. Human connection is an essential ingredient of the 4 principles that make up our Flexible Human Work hybrid framework and we want to be transparent in what that looks like when you join our Sage family. On one hand, our offices will continue to play an important role in our future and serve as a place for spontaneous conversations, connection, collaboration as well as focused time. On the other hand, we have learned to reimagine where and when we work and to unlock that flexibility and innovation for our colleagues offering them the opportunity to work flex across their home, Sage offices or customer sites.We invite you to join us and help us write our next chapter. Follow us on our social media sites to join in conversations about open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job DescriptionWe’re recruiting for a Global Category Manager to join the Procurement team, which is accountable for strategic sourcing advice for spend across Marketing, IT & Product and Corporate & Customer.
The Global Category Manager is accountable for the leadership of specific, Corporate spend sub-categories across the Sage Group, which may include consultancy, employee benefits, brokerage, legal and/or L&D.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be an effective influencer and negotiator, used to working with senior internal stakeholders up to VP and EVP Level. You’ll have experience of creating and deploying sourcing strategies, including leading all RFP activities for their category and all supplier negotiations - both commercially and contractually - to ensure that savings targets are met, risk is understood and managed, and supplier performance meets or exceeds business needs.
As procurement Subject Matter Expert, you’ll use you engaging style to create buy in with internal stakeholders, ensuring that suppliers are selected in line with company governance and creating the most competitive terms across the business.
The Sage Group plc has pledged to achieve net zero emissions by 2040, and to halve its carbon emissions by 2030, as part of the Group’s ambitious new Sustainability and Society strategy, ‘Knocking Down Barriers’. Through this strategy Sage aims to tackle societal and economic inequality, supporting a new generation of diverse and sustainable businesses as well as playing its part in the race to net zero carbon. The Global Category Manager will support the embedding of Sage’s Sustainable Supply Chain Strategy as part of Sage’s overall net zero ambitions
Key Responsibilities• Spend accountability for up to 50m per annum
• Accountable for the development of category strategies that align with company strategy
• Ensuring we secure the optimal supplier base to meet long term business needs
• Ensuring relevant market trends are understood by the business stakeholders and integrated into each category strategy
• Incorporating sustainability into each category strategy
• Communicating the category strategy through the appropriate chain of command including to regional procurement teams
• Driving strategy implementation through education, selling, and influencing of the benefits to the wider business
• Advising others on appropriate market approaches, including approaches other than tendering, to include direct negotiation, competitive dialogue and supplier development
• Establishing appropriate controls and metrics to ensure strategies are aligned
• Reading and interpreting terms and conditions and applying significance to terms which vary from the organisation's default position
• Negotiating and executing Master Service Agreements and Statements of Work in accordance with the overarching category strategies developed
• Implementing supplier performance and relationship management to ensure improved and sustained supplier performance
• Ensuring stakeholders are aware of all relevant procedures and policies and that they fulfil them at all times
Skills, Know-how and Experience
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to further their career in a fast paced and varied role. We’re looking for someone with extensive experience working in a similar role, able to demonstrate the ability to set and direct strategies. You’ll be a Procurement professional, able to demonstrate the following;
• The gravitas and presence to influence the wider business and drive compliance through personality
• Ability to be effective in a global environment
• Good team player but also able to act autonomously
• Capable of articulating complex sets of information in an energising manner and building rapport at all levels
• Thorough knowledge and understanding across the key sub-category areas, seen as a Sourcing Subject Matter Expert within these sub-categories
• Ability to compute complex data/information and formulate sound commercial judgements
• Commercially savvy, and a strong negotiator
• Capable of devising stretching initiatives and formulating plans for teams to deliver
• Excellent planning/organisational skills and complex decision-making skills
• Sound understanding of project management principles and capacity to manage project milestones, timelines, resources, and costs;
• Sound logical, analytical, and quantitative skills
• You’ll ideally be Degree qualified or hold MCIPS qualification but practical experience is more important
This role is based from our Head Office in Newcastle with Hybrid working opportunities
More good stuff
Our comprehensive total rewards program includes:
• Generous pension and bonus schemes
• Extended health, dental and vision coverage
• On-going training and professional development
• Paid 5 days to volunteer through our Sage Foundation
• And, so much more!
Do you love where you work? WE do!
Do you want to build a career with a business and a team that really makes a difference and that cares? Do you want to deliver amazing things for our communities? Do you want to be part of something big and build your future in an inspiring and loved place to work? Come join us!
FunctionProperty and Procurement
Work Place typeHybrid