Job Title: Multi-skilled Shift engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Job Purpose: to support the running of the factory by resolving breakdowns and by delivering maintenance. Drive improvements across the site in terms of new machinery, hygiene, quality, and performance.
Panificio Italiano is an independent bakery in Iver, Buckinghamshire. It is a new state of art purpose built automated bakery. We bake quality products ranging from traditional recipes to new speciality breads.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for all reactive and proactive maintenance and electrical work, whilst making sure it is carried out to the highest possible standards across the whole site.
- Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following Panificio Italiano standards operating procedures.
- Perform day to day routine and preventative maintenance within the factory.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any maintenance calls that arise by all departments.
- Able to prioritise the maintenance issues e.g., to attend the breakdown of the plant and machinery.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment and machinery.
- Understanding the electrical parameters of the automated production lines and then fault-finding, interrogation and their repair.
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output.
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPI’s through planned, preventative, and predictive maintenance.
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work.
- Ensuring Engineering time is managed effectively and that there is low Engineering down-time.
- Monitor equipment performance and take immediate corrective action to resolve problems when they occur and escalate where needed.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience.
- Proven track record in a regulated environment working to GMP standards.
- Must have the 18th edition certificated.
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship or relevant experience/formal engineering qualifications to NVQ Level 3, or higher in electrical or mechanical.
- Experienced electrical fault-finding skills.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Team working skills.
- Great efficiency and organisational skills.
- Must have the knowledge discipline and initiative to work independently.
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings/manuals.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and should be proactive in driving through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proven experience of working within the food industry is essential.
- Exposure to metal detectors, mixers, and pack wrappers would be an advantage.
- Extensive experience in carrying out and analysing breakdowns.
- Experience with three-phase motor drives and other production equipment
- PLC fault-finding experience (Siemens)
- Reactive and proactive maintenance experience.
- 28 days holiday
- Employee discounts
- Employee recognition
- Training and devlopment opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Wellness programmes