My client is an award-winning company in the food & drinks sector. A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced, commercially driven Category managers to join. The £60M+ turnover company has tremendous potential and operates across multiple channels in E-Commerce (There is currently an exciting investment plan specifically in their ecommerce platform) demonstrating long-term growth, Retail, Wholesale and International Trade. The London based business is well established, has a strong track record of robust growth and has been recognised in the industry for outstanding performances with multiple awards.
Due to the continuous growth looking for Category Managers in the following categories.
1) Alcohol 2) Grocery
You will be responsible for growing the sales and margins of allocated categories. You will achieve these by maintaining maximum service levels and completive pricing through negotiating better terms with existing suppliers and finding new supply chains.
• Maintaining maximum availability across the categories.
• Negotiating JBPs with suppliers to maximise the supplier income.
• Implementing correct and competitive pricing.
• Negotiating and implementing promotional plans.
• Maximising the benefits from supplier promotions through correct buying strategies.
• Negotiating better pricing and terms with suppliers.
• Trading with other wholesalers and distributors in the UK and internationally.
• Identifying and developing new categories and sales opportunities.
• Building long term profitable relationships with new and existing suppliers.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• Good knowledge of the workings of food & drink wholesale supply chain.
• At least two years buying experience in FMCG wholesale sector with proven success.
• A good working knowledge and experience in wholesale trade.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Self-motivated, committed, highly organised and efficient.
• Passion and drive to succeed.
Location: North London
Package: Basic £30K - £35K PA + Bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Please Email your C.V. with the details of your current package.