Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Remote Working - HQ is near Manchester
Our client specialises in delivering core banking and consumer focused digital banking solutions to Building Societies and Challenger Banks.
They have recently developed an exciting new strategy to transform and grow the business and disrupt the market they serve by creating a Digital Platform / Ecosystem. This will entail delivering a range of in-house and third-party products and technologies to its customers and their users and developing a community of solution providers.
This role is responsible for management of assigned products throughout their full lifecycle. This includes de?ning the product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities, as well as the product design and specification work.You will engage with customers, prospective customers and other key stakeholders to identify market trends and product solutions to satisfy these demands. You will also evaluate competitors’ product strategies to ensure the business remains competitive in the market and manage the overall profitability of your product.You will be a key member of the product-based development squads contributing to the vision and direction, and by setting your relevant scrum team’s priorities.
- Lead the development of new software products from ideation to delivery, taking into account all aspects of product management including commercial/profitability, marketing, support and delivery
- Engage with customers, prospective customers and other key stakeholders to identify market trends and product solutions to satisfy these demands
- Shape the definition, maintenance and promotion of the product roadmap both internally and externally
- Evaluate competitors’ product strategies to ensure the business remains competitive and keeps ahead of competitors
- Lead the definition of value propositions, go-to-market strategies and business cases for all products, and monitor the commercial performance of each product against its plan
- Promote and present products to new and existing customers, and at conferences, and undertake pre-sales activities with prospective customers
- Lead the development of product value and benefits statements and promote them to the marketplace, and source feedback from the market and customers to inform future product strategies
- Attend conferences, events, press events, product launches and other industry events to maintain currency of market knowledge
- Engage with third party suppliers of complementary products and technologies to identify and nurture strategic technology partners
- Accountable for managing the product as a business using commercial metrics to inform decisions to maximise value to the business and our customers
- Ensuring that all ISO and data protection policies are followed, and risks escalated as appropriate
- Adherence to the businesses policies and procedures
- Develop a strong understanding of the banking sector and its requirements, with specific reference to Building Societies and small challenger banks
- Adopt the Product Strategy, including the adoption of OpenAPI platforms and MicroServices based approaches
- Develop a detailed understanding of the product and service landscape of the FinTech and RegTech sector relevant to products under management
- Lead internal and external product reviews and evaluations
- Build and monitor Product P&Ls for assigned products
- With marketing support create, contribute to and monitor Product marketing plans
- Work together with Business Development (including marketing) to ensure that Product collateral is created and fit for purpose
- Lead the production of product development proposals and present findings and recommendations to the leadership team and Board, including full business cases
- Proactively maintain an understanding of regulatory/compliance developments and ensure own products remain fully compliant
- Ensure the smooth transition of products from ideation through development into deployment and support, ensuring that the full service-wrap for new products is implemented effectively
- Stay closely connected to partner platforms’ commercial product roadmaps and changing needs via frequent interactions with partner teams
- Support the implementation of Agile/DevOps processes throughout the business
- The role will require an ownership mindset coupled with a highly collaborative and supportive approach and a strong sense of always working to the benefit of the team and the industry as a whole
- Good influencing skills, including the ability to convince colleagues and senior stakeholder, and the credibility to promote solutions to prospective customers
- Relentless commitment to delivering the best possible outcomes for customers whilst never compromising values and ethical business practices
- Proactive interest in developing commercial acumen and business understanding
- Tenacious, proactive, positive and imaginative
- Previous experience of the Financial Services sector would be highly advantageous.
- Broad technology expertise and a passion for innovation and blue-sky thinking.