About our business…
KMI Brands was established in 1993, and since then we’ve evolved and grown as a beauty business, providing global retailers with a range of British brands. We are known for our knowledge and expertise in a vast cross section of products, from hair care and men’s grooming to fragrances and home diffusers.
We’ve earned a reputation for building brands with longevity within a very saturated, highly fragmented and fickle market. We split our business between licensed brands and brands that we own.
Under license, we take carefully selected, well-established brands, and we drive their success in beauty. We’ve worked with many brands over the years; our current best-known partners are Ted Baker, Orla Kiely and River Island.
Our portfolio of brands that we own includes category captains such as Noughty in natural haircare and soon to launch body care with both Waitrose and Sainsbury’s taking Noughty in-store in 2019.
We work in mass and premium gifting, so our retailers vary from small independent boutiques and gift stores to Boots and John Lewis.
Overall Role Purpose
To maximise sales and profit for the company through digital and pure play channels.Lead, manage and grow online accounts with a specific focus on Amazon in wholesale, retail and marketplace environments. Continuously drive activity intended to enhance the brand equity of KMI Brands in the marketplace. Ensure the retailer perception of KMI Brands is positive and that KMI Brands are a partner of choice.
- Plan and execute implement an the online strategy for KMI Brands with approved channels of dot com distribution you are directly responsible for.
- Set up of account, product listing and registration, brand store page creation, A+ content and all other aspects of a successful launch.
- Have a deep understanding of Amazon Vendor Central, Marketplace and Seller Central platforms and display the ability to apply this knowledge practically to achieve the brand base and stretch sales goals.
- Have experience in SEO to confidently manage the execution and performance of key word searches within Amazon and other dot com sites through the full account management life cycle.
- Advise retailers and teams internally on industry trends and the competitive landscape to help them achieve their goals and uncover opportunities to drive long-term value. Offer expert advice on search and Amazon advertising strategy, implementation and reporting.
- Analyse sales data to identify areas of opportunity.
- Provide regular feedback, support and [where required] mentoring to the commercial and wider KMI Brands team on building a strategy for dot com sites that fall outside of your direct remit.the relevant dotcom retailers (for relevant brands). Be responsible for communicating to the wider team opportunities/developments/change in structures/strategy for the online retailers that you manage.
- Build collaborative strong relationships with online partners and key stakeholders retailers with regular commmunication and meetings. Prepare fully for meetings and circulate agendas prior to meeting and follow up notes post every meeting.
- Build JBP’s with each retailer and ensure delivery to this from both a sales, marketing and investment perspective. Actively communicate with retailers even if there are no current listings (via CRM).
- Identify new retailer channels and make recommendations to work with new partners based on commercial factors including market penetration, cost of sales and overall contribution to the KMI business.
- Drive new relationships, working with the Head of Sales and the Commercial Director to agree terms of engagement.
- Deliver cohesive presentations and present in a professional manner.
- Work closely with the international teams, creating home market case studies to aid international expansion and advocating best-practise and key retailer learnings for each brand globally.
Trade and Retailer Marketing Plans
- Plan and execute a holistic trade/online promotional sales and marketing programme to drive sales. Work closely with internal teams to optimise the right level of support intended to maximise ROI.
- Plan and oversee a cohesive strategy across all online accounts to ensure no promotional activity clashes.
- Forecast all promotional activity pre agreement and fully analyse post activity.
- Develop retailer marketing activity securing online exposure within budget.
- Deliver effective campaigns with targets pre the event and measurables for post the event to help inform future plans.
- Actively visit online stores to ensure plans are being implemented.
- Manage Amazon Marketing Services campaign on a day-to-day basis and help define PPC marketing best practice.
Sales and P&L Accountability
- Responsibility for delivering sales and profit targets for KMI Brands.
- Analysis, collation and understanding of weekly sales analysis to understand SKU/brand base and promotional performance to guide future plans.
- Implementation of weekly retail forecasts and annual reviews.
- Have a clear understanding on retailer fee structures with specific reference to Amazon and be able to control and reduce such costs.
- Responsibility for the creation and delivery of monthly forecasts for sales and expenditure with monthly reviews against budget.
- Accurately complete forecast plans by SKU for your retailers within the KMI Brands forecast process.
If this sounds like you, and you would like more information, please get in touch or send us your CV!