Agora Talent are thrilled to be partnering with one of the UK’s fastest growing sports retailers on their search for a Finance Manager. They are a digitally led business who have ambitious plans to expand internationally that offers a variety of brands and activities across multiple channels.
Reporting into the CFO, this role will support the international growth of the business and take over the day to day running and development of the finance department. This is an all-round role which will involve a number of exciting projects and business partnering with business leaders to drive the growth strategy and planning processes.
If you are a qualified accountant with 2+ years post-qualified experience of management accounting or FP&A in the retail/ consumer space, this could be an exciting step up for you.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Finance Department.
- Take responsibility for the management accounts and the period end close process.
- Take ownership of the Financial and Management reporting (including; monthly, quarterly, annual P&L; Balance Sheet and Cashflow reporting).
- Prepare Tax reporting for international entities (UK, US and EU).
- Provide budgeting and forecasting.
- Take ownership of sales & KPI reporting and business partner to teams cross-functionally to support decision making.
- Partake in projects and new incentives to grow the business and improve internal processes.
- Identify and manage financial risks, including escalation and other risk management processes.
- Lead in the delivery of the year end audit process, ensuring all audit and statutory reporting requirement are met.
- Implement and monitor internal controls, compliance and process improvements whilst providing ongoing review of financial systems.
- Monitor the company’s performance and financial status to identify shortfalls and areas of improvement.
- Provide ongoing review of systems to ensure a seamless and efficient?finance processes.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, with 2+ years’ experience of working in a management accounting, FP&A or business partnering role.
- Retail/ consumer background.
- In-depth knowledge of all core financial processes and up to date knowledge of technical requirements and best practices
- Experience preparing management accounts.
- Experience of business partnering with strong communication skills.
- Exposure to financial controls and process improvements (desirable but not essential).
- Experience using cloud-based financial systems (ideally NetSuite)
- Strong Excel and able to analyse data, create reports and do data modelling.
- Able to learn and understand processes quickly.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise a broad workload.
- Pro-active approach to problem solving.
If you meet the above criteria, then please do not hesitate to apply here.