We are delighted to offer a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative and fast-growing company within Financial Services. If you enjoy working in a vibrant organisation which embraces data science and are truly customer-focussed but want something different than the usual Banking environment, then this is an opportunity for you. Our client is a fintech consumer lender who are well established (over 6 years old and already lent £200m+) and heading for huge growth over the coming years following significant investment. They have big plans to disrupt and become the dominant force in UK consumer credit using a data-led approach to everything they do.
As the Senior Credit Risk Analyst and working within a relatively small team, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and reporting on effective new business acquisition strategies (including scorecards, policy rules, affordability models) deliver optimal loss mitigation, business profitability, compliance with external rules (e.g. Regulation, Conduct Rules Principles of Reciprocity) and positive customer outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have strong modelling skills and have a creative spirit, be a good problem solver and with a keen interest in analytics, and a great attitude towards their own work and team goals, mentoring and supporting the development of three Credit Risk Analysts (currently). Key responsibilities include:
Credit Risk Models, Strategies and Policy Management
- Assist Credit Risk Manager in the development, management and monitoring of new and existing models including application and behavioural scorecards, affordability and system policy rulesets.
- Ensure score cut-off strategies and policy rules are set at an optimal level to drive loss performance in line with agreed business objectives, and achieve positive customer outcomes
- Proactively identify areas that can be improved (either through effectiveness, efficiency, improved outcomes or better controls) and design and deliver plans which implement these improvements
- As delegate to the Credit Risk Manager, present and obtain approval from EXCO stakeholders to proposals where required
Portfolio Performance & Analytics
- Undertake new business analysis and reporting which facilitates effective credit risk analysis and control, ensuring material trends are identified effectively and appropriately escalated to the CRM or Credit Committee
- Lead deep-dive analytics (acquisition, portfolio, customer, affordability) and ad-hoc analysis to drive actionable insights and recommendations
- Proactively monitor the lending portfolio for any material trends or potential opportunities
- Partner with different business stakeholders (sales managers, marketing, finance, risk, other analysts) to drive forward recommendations and solutions that help our customers and appropriately mitigate risk.
- A graduate or postgraduate in a numeric discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Economics);
- 4+ years’ experience of Credit Risk analytics in a financial services context;
- Understanding of credit risk regulatory requirements and dynamics of managing credit risk appetite;
- Strong technical model building experience and a love for data and knowledge of how to manipulate it using SAS, ideally (but not essential) additional experience of Python and Tableau but if not then a willingness to learn