Read the overview of this opportunity to understand what skills, including and relevant soft skills and software package proficiencies, are required.
Responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks including processing applications, preparing documents for consultations, processing new badges and plates for the taxi trade as well as processing personal licence applications. Assisting other officers in collating information for the administration of the annual fees including sending out and chasing up invoices. Processing applications for licensable activities under the Licensing Act 2003. In addition, you will contribute to improve service delivery and performance of the licensing team, keeping up to date with changes in service processes and technical developments, liaising with a range of key stakeholders to maximise the effectiveness of the Licensing Service.
Role and Responsibilities
1. To provide a high level of customer service in the receipt of requests for service made either in reception, telephone, email or in writing and to follow up and record the requests using the Management Information System in operation.
2. To undertake clerical and administrative duties in relation to the processing of requests for service including maintaining record systems, dealing with correspondence and inputting data to ensure a high-quality support service to operational procedures and the production of ID badges, taxi plates or premises licences as well as coordinating appointments for new and renewing licensed drivers.
3. Support other officers with the processing of applications including the carrying out of relevant checks on applicants, sending out consultations and other associated tasks.
4. Liaising directly with customers.
5. Updating information systems used by the service.
6. To word process documents.
7. General financial duties such as raising purchase orders and sending invoices for payment.
8. Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
· Computer literate and knowledge of the common Microsoft applications such as word, excel, teams.
· Good personal skills especially verbal communication as we deal with a wide variety of clients.
· Someone who can work on their own initiative and can also offer help and support to colleagues when the need arises.
Maths, English and ICT, GCSE Grade 4-9 or equivalent
Level 3 Business Administration qualification
· Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved
· Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to
o customer service principles and practices
o business principles
o technical competencies
o knowledge and understating
o research activities
o commercial awareness
o managing challenging situations and taking ownership
o health and safety
· Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider – for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence
Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation. This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include a showcase portfolio; a project; an employer reference and a structured interview about their portfolio and project.
Future progression to be confirmed.
Get in touch
If you can’t see what you are looking for, or would like to speak to one of our staff about your course, please fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch soon. Or if you need to speak to someone urgently, call us on 0191 433 8646
Get A Copy Of Our Prospectus
Terms and Conditions