Our Mission is to democratise the global research industry by providing unbiased insights into the world’s technology markets. We build everything from data - so we cut through marketing spend and spin. With our AI platform, any company can now research the technology and innovation that they need to stay competitive.
Forestreet is a B Corp. Our approach is always ethical and independent. We are committed to being a net-zero business and promoting business practices that respect our environment.
Having completed our Series A funding round earlier this year, we are investing in our product and making the market aware of a radical new alternative to traditional research. We have a ‘Blue-Chip’ leadership team and we are looking for people who want to grow and develop with the company. *
*Our Company values:* Curious, Helpful, Independent, Responsible, and Remarkable.
*About the role *
We have an opportunity to start our quantitive data analytics function within Forestreet. We are looking for a hybrid Business and Quantitative Data Analyst to bridge the gap between solving business problems with data and being able to perform statistical modelling.
We have a huge amount of data at our disposal through our intelligent search functionality and we would like someone to begin the journey of taking that data — and adding other external data sets — to add additional value for our customers.
This dynamic role requires taking the rough outline of a problem like “can we show how companies are changing and evolving over time to give insights that our customers want” and producing statistical models that demonstrate how our data (or external data) can deliver that value to the customers.
*What you can expect *
You would be reporting through to the Strategic Projects Manager (currently hiring for that role) and sit within the reporting lines of the Chief Innovation Officer. This is the first hire focusing on data, analytics and statistics but that team may grow over time. Therefore, you have to be willing and able to figure out problems without a team or manager telling you how to solve the problem.
You will be responsible for delivering the backbone statistical models from initial conception, hypothesis evaluation, demonstration to management (and possibly customers) through to delivery. Whilst you’re not expected to write the end python or JS code that would be used in our production environment, a good understanding of python would help ease that implementation and there is certainly scope to become a more seasoned python developer as part of this role.
We envision that over the course of the next year that you would be responsible for delivering 4-5 models that would end up being displayed to our customers through our SaaS product. That would mean that you would be responsible for delivery of those models in 2-4 month cycles and each model could be very different and use different data sets. The ability to grab the data yourself from our source systems, largely MySQL, AWS S3 buckets and via external providers APIs will be important to allow you to operate largely independently as you solve our customers’ challenges with data.
Also key is mindset that no problem is too difficult and the best way to tackle the problem is to simply start working on it and roll up your sleeves.
You will have the freedom to work autonomously and take ownership but the support will be there when you need it.
The role is hybrid remote/on-site with the expectation that you are in London every Wednesday and Thursday to work with the rest of the Forestreet team. Occasional visits to clients outside those days to attend workshops may also occur.
*As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will:*
* Strong knowledge of at least one statistical modelling language (R, MATLAB, Python) and MySQL (although you can use packages in R/python to replicate MySQL query languages if that is your preference).
* Some knowledge of python and development frameworks would be nice in order to ease the transition from theoretical model to in-production.
* The ability to research options, evaluate open-source alternatives and use off-the-shelf tools rather than reinvent is key.
* Good ability to visualise data and present it to management and users (via Plotly or similar data visualisation tool) a nice to have.
* Ideally you will have experience acting as a business analyst who can work with clients and customers to understand their needs and translate that into functional specs.
* As this is a hybrid role, rather than hand-off those specs to someone else to deliver, we are looking to you to understand their challenges and then present a series of options to management for how you could solve those through modelling.
* A preference to operate without lots of bureaucracy. At Forestreet we don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
* Overall, you will bring a logical approach to your work. We are not afraid to make mistakes, but we use data and logic to back up decisions and improve our product.
* A 9-day compressed fortnight to allow our team to have a better work-life balance. Colleagues are not expected to work every second Friday.
* Private health care
* 25 days holiday
* 13th-month bonus - double salary one month each year if the business meets its targets
* We are B-Corp certified and provide great tools for work, a good environment, we do things the right way for our employees, clients and the wider world.
* We also have an exceptionally experienced management team that understands and promotes medium and long-term career development
*What next? *
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
* Competitive salary.
* A brand-new M1 MacBook Air and all the tools you need to be effective and efficient.
* Staff equity pool which becomes available after one year of service.
* Hybrid working environment with two days per week in a well provisioned company office.
* Pension plan and flexible benefits.
* 25 days holiday per year.
* Discovery Call - Talent Lead
* Hiring manager interview ( Culture, Competency and job specific task)
* Values Interview - Co founder
R, Python, Matlab, Machine Learning, MySQLR, Python, Matlab, Machine Learning, MySQL