We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Business AssistantSenior Business Assistant
The Senior Business Assistant supports the office of the Executive Vice President, Real Time Payments at Mastercard. The individual in this role will not only be a member of the team, he or she will coordinate operations within the department and will become a member of the Business Assistant community at Mastercard.
• Manage a busy calendar by coordinating and scheduling meetings
• Schedule and manage travel arrangements for domestic and international trips and prepare expense reports following those trips
• Coordinate team meetings, organization, agenda preparation, room logistics and pre-read distribution. Take meeting minutes and distribute as appropriate
• Support other day-to-day department operations as required such as screening emails, following up on items, maintaining department records
• Prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports, presentations as required- editing, proof reading, printing
All About You
• Strong computer skills, including the ability to manage and understand numerous internal software systems
• Solid Administrative experience in a corporate environment interfacing with senior and executive level management and customers
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
• Keen sense of urgency with a results-driven orientation
• Ability to prioritize and discern what is truly important
• Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to function well in a busy and varied environment and work well under pressure.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.