Business Analyst - Payments
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. Specifically you will be working with some of CGI's key investment Banking clients on global market leading solutions. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people's lives, you can be sure we'll do the same for you.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Business Analyst - Payments with experience to work alongside our clients to recommend solutions and identify/resolve challenges within the programmes. The Business Analyst - Payments will have a creative understanding of what motivates business success and a talent for unlocking problems and modelling innovative solutions. There's a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help. CGI is looking for a Business Analyst - Payments to join our Capital Market's banking team.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options and a cycle to work scheme. As for the future? Be a successful part of our story and we'll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Partner with our client's product specialists and various application delivery teams to help develop solutions that fully integrate with existing IT systems, to solve complex business problems.
• Leverage existing expertise and knowledge to validate solution definitions and specifications created by partners across the technology stack. Ensuring alignment with CGI's client's policies and group strategy.
• You will maintain a clear and robust requirements management process for the payments team and all associated project deliveries.
• You will help develop enterprise solutions that take into consideration operational costs, security, application development, production support considerations and client experience considerations.
• Lead workshops with business and technology stakeholders to review, develop, validate and finalise requirements for the delivery of ISO compliance across the business. Then ensure all agreed outputs and decisions are suitably well documented in the agreed tools throughout the requirements lifecycle, from initial capture through various stages of refinement, through to testing and implementation.
• Work with architects and delivery leads to pursue strategic solutions in the context of ongoing project delivery pressures, requiring strong powers of influence, diplomacy and pragmatism.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Demonstrable track record within the payments domain (SEPA, SWIFT and ISO 20022 etc.,) from both a business and technical perspective coupled with knowledge of leadership capacity with ultimate responsibility for requirements and associated management processes.
• Expert understanding of correspondent banking and domestic/cross border payment messaging (including but not limited to SWIFT MT/pacs/camt, SEPA, Faster Payments).
• An excellent understanding of ISO 20022 Messaging standards
• A proven track record of working with pricing and charging and/or billing and billing investigations is also highly desirable.
• A history of Agile software delivery methodology and tools/skills including 'specification by example' and writing acceptance criteria.
• Comfortable leading virtual teams and able to influence and direct people without direct line management responsibility.
• "Know-How" in organising and leading workshops focused on requirements gathering, analysis and refinement.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with business stakeholders and gain trust in order guide and influence them.
• Ability to wrtie SQL queries for data validation
Our working approach is built around our client's needs. That's not to say yours aren't important too and in a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or home-based, flexible or hybrid.
Unconditionally inclusive. We know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.