Location Holborn Office
County Central London
Ref # 17212
Closing Date 18-Aug-2022
Are you an amazing senior HR leader with a passion for great service?
Do you enjoy working with the most senior of business leaders to support strategically and challenging constructively?
Do you want to work for an organisation that positively questions the norm and wants to proactively drive engagement and development for its colleagues?
If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As one of our Head of People Partners you will be responsible for supporting business leaders across Metro Bank, creating trusted relationships, leveraging data and providing your expert insights to improve performance and drive our People agenda.
You will deliver business goals by identifying positive people interventions that are true to our amazing culture. You will lead a people team, who partner with our Banking Operations and Amaze Direct contact centres, to support key people processes and propose positive people solutions to organisational challenges, ensuring we role model our amazing culture to continuously create fans.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working. Ask your recruiter for full details for this role.
So what would you be doing?...
• Creating trusted relationships with leaders and stakeholders to ensure they understand the value of the People agenda
• Providing advice, challenge and consultancy (underpinned by data insights) to the Executive Committee to build our Community Bank of the future
• Developing and implementing People interventions, plans and programmes that drive positive change to enable our people and culture
• Connecting people plans across the colleague lifecycle to make everything work, and to improve the colleague experience
• Working across the People team to make sure everything we do from a people perspective is aligned to creating fans, whilst looking across the organisation in a commercial, planned and consistent way
• Championing, improving and role modelling people processes, policies and risk management - eliminate stupid rules , and developing and applying frameworks that enable fairness and consistency
• Leveraging data and insight to make our people better and improve things for colleagues and customers in a uniquely Metro Bank way
• Developing and updating People policies that both keep us compliant with employment legislation, and enhance our employer brand
• Leading HR projects across your areas and in collaboration with colleagues
• Role modelling and embodying our culture to support the commercial and strategic goals of the organization
• Creating fans, not just colleagues!
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally you will be a CIPD qualified, senior HR leader, where you have lead teams of experienced colleagues
• You will bring excellent experience of leading a substantial team or function, partnering across more than one field, preferably in an HR context
• You will be great at finding solutions that consider multiple perspectives and future implications, constructively challenging where required
• You will have experience leading HR policy development and sharing relevant business information to enable company success
• Proven track record of proactively promoting a culture of diversity and collaboration, dealing with delicate situations tactfully
• Previous experience translating organization vision into medium and long term functional HR goals
• Highly effective stakeholder management skills i.e. adapts communication style to negotiate and influence at all levels while reconciling multiple, often conflicting, stakeholder views
• Able to demonstrate and evidence decision-making based on insight and knowledge in an environment where established principles may not apply
• Able to build lasting and productive relationships, proactively creating and maintaining networks inside and outside of an organization
• You should be great at considering the wider picture, and understanding the financial implications of complex decisions, prioritising amazing service at all times
• Finally, you will bring broad knowledge of a range of people practices, including: Engagement, Performance Management, Talent & Succession, Organisational Design, Capability Assessment, and Diversity & Inclusion
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that normal office hours aren t always doable, and while we can t accommodate every flexible working request, we are happy to be asked. So, if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren t sure if you are 100% there yet why not give it a whirl?
Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates