Ensure all your application information is up to date and in order before applying for this opportunity.
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
White Medical Group
Role and Responsibilities
1. Answer the telephone promptly and action incoming calls as appropriate.
2. Ensure familiarity with all appointment systems.
3. Book appointments for surgeries and clinics as required.
4. Ensure patients without appointments but needing an urgent consultation are seen in an efficient manner.
5. Ensure Doctor and Nurse clinics run efficiently.
6. Record requests for home visits as per Practice guidelines.
7. Ensure requests for urgent visits are passed immediately to the doctor with relevant details.
8. Ensure messages are recorded and passed on correctly.
9. Collect fees as appropriate.
10. Arrange ambulance transportation as appropriate.
11. Ensure waiting areas and reception are kept tidy.
12. Ensure medical records are extracted for clinical staff as necessary.
13. Ensure the medical records system is maintained accurately including the filing of all correspondence.
14. Prepare consulting rooms prior to, and at the end of, each surgery to maintain tidiness and ensure the full range of equipment is provided.
15. Arrange repeat prescriptions in accordance with guidelines. Draw the doctors attention to irregular requests.
16. Prepare specimens for laboratory courier as appropriate.
17. Bring urgent results to the notice of doctors.
18. Adhere to the agreed procedure with regard to patient requests for results by telephone.
19. Sort out incoming post.
20. Ensure familiarity with computer systems.
21. Backup the computer data daily.
1. To work flexible hours as required in order to ensure a reception service is provided during the opening hours of the surgery.
2. Open premises at the start of the day, secure premises at the end of the day.
3. Set alarm system when last to leave the building.
4. Any other duties considered appropriate for the post.
· In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
· In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
· Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health & Safety
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
· Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines.
· Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks.
· Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills.
· Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards.
· Reporting potential risks identified.
Equality and Diversity
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
· Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation.
· Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
· Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
· Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
· Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
· Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk.
· Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision.
· Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance.
· Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs.
· Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
· Communicate effectively with other team members.
· Communicate effectively with patients and carers.
· Recognize people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
We do not allow employees of White Medical Group to be registered patients of the Practice due to the potential conflicts of interest that may arise. If the successful candidate is a registered patient of White Medical Group, they will be given 3 months to make alternative arrangements and register elsewhere. Failure to do so would be result in automatic removal from our patient list.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Good telephone manner
· Ability to prioritise workload and have good attention to detail
· Good keyboard and computer skills
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with difficult situations
· Must be able to work as an integral member of a team
· A flexible approach to working patterns
· Must have a professional attitude / appearance and be courteous at all times
Maths and English, GCSE Grade 4-9 or equivalent.
· Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved
business admin level 3 apprenticeship.
· Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider – for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence
· Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to: customer service principles and practices, planning, regulation, responsibility and IT, business principles, customer communication and health and safety.
Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation. This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include multiple choice assessment; showcase portfolio of learning and interview; presentation of a project
Future prospects and progression to be confirmed.
Get in touch
If you can’t see what you are looking for, or would like to speak to one of our staff about your course, please fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch soon. Or if you need to speak to someone urgently, call us on 0191 433 8646
Get A Copy Of Our Prospectus
Terms and Conditions