Job Title: Technical Analyst
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum dependent on experience
Hours: 35 Hours per week
When we say our people are the West Brom’s biggest asset that doesn’t mean just viewing them as employees. We also recognise they have a life outside work, one that has responsibilities and rewards which the Society respects and supports in ways that aim to bring the best out of them. We operate flexible/hybrid working at our Head Office, our Recruitment team will be happy to share further details of this with you if you are interested in applying for a role.
The Technical Support Analyst will be responsible, as part of the Technical Support team, for providing 2nd line technical support for the West Brom I.T. systems and supporting technologies. The Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for evaluating and assessing the impact of reported issues, recommending and implementing resolutions. The role requires considerable knowledge and a high degree of analytical and constructive thinking to tackle a wide variety of challenging and difficult I.T. related issues.
Key responsibilities are:
• Support and maintenance of a wide range of infrastructure and business software tools.
• Support and maintenance for Windows and Linux platforms.
• Support and maintenance for Virtualisation Infrastructure (VMWare).
• Storage Area Network support and maintenance.
• Assist in the resolution of assigned calls made to the I.T. Service desk.
• Manage allocated workload and issues to meet project timescales.
• Liaise with third party suppliers to resolve I.T. related issues.
• Assist in ensuring Service Level Agreements are met.
• Provide out of hours support for I.T. systems.
• Ensuring Security procedures are followed and advise on I.T. security related issues.
• Producing quality documentation.
• Providing assistance to other areas of the IT Service & Solutions department as necessary including areas not detailed above.
The skills and experience required are:
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a 2nd level Technical Support role.
• Detailed knowledge of Virtualisation technologies, VMware.
• Detailed knowledge of Windows Server Operating systems.
• Working knowledge of RedHat Linux Operating systems.
• Working knowledge of Storage Area Networks.
• Able to automate system management tasks using Windows Powershell or Linux shell scripting.
• A proven track record of resolving IT technical issues.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Maintain contact with representatives of external companies wherever necessary.
• Ability to produce clear and detailed technical documentation.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
What’s in it for you?
We wholeheartedly believe that our people are our greatest asset, that’s why in addition to your salary you will be rewarded with a wide range of other benefits:
• Generous annual leave starting at 25 days + 8 bank holidays, (pro rata)
• Pension scheme where we will augment your contribution by 0.6% (Up to 10.6%)
• Social club membership – dozens of discounts available for a wide variety of family days out and events
• Performance related pay scheme
• Corporate health plan with the option to include family members
• Discounted travel cards
• West Brom staff car scheme
• Life assurance provided by the Society at 4 times your salary
Why choose the West Brom?
At the West Brom we appreciate that our employees are unique individuals with differing needs depending on their specific circumstances and stages in life. When we say our people are the West Brom’s biggest asset that doesn’t mean just viewing them as employees. We are proud of our heritage and absolutely believe that the West Brom is a great place to work.
The West Brom are a Disability Leader employer and encourage disabled applicants and applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. We will consider requests to make adjustments to our recruitment process and offer a guaranteed interview to disabled applicants meeting the essential criteria. Should you require assistance please do not hesitate to email .
Check out our careers page to find out more about our culture, values and benefits. https://www.westbrom.co.uk/careers. If you share our values and our enthusiasm, then you will find a home at the West Brom.
Do it today and click apply!
*Please note – We reserve the right to withdraw our adverts earlier than the original published expiry date, therefore if you are interested please submit your application as soon as possible*
Head Office: 2 Providence Place West Bromwich B70 8AF. www.westbrom.co.uk The West Brom is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Register no. 104877. ‘the West Brom’ is a trading name of West Bromwich Building Society.