Apply promptly! A high volume of applicants is expected for the role as detailed below, do not wait to send your CV.
If you want to get your foot in the door in a busy, local medical practice in Gateshead – this is a perfect opportunity for you! Excellent progression route and a fantastic way to kick start your career. Do not miss out of this apprenticeship, apply now!
Fell Tower Medical Practice
Role and Responsibilities
· Advise patients on all matters relating to appointments, requests for repeat prescriptions, home visits, complaints procedure and other issues relating to their healthcare - recording relevant information where required.
· Ensure efficiency of appointment system, monitor effectiveness and report any problems or variations required.
· Manage medical records: ensuring accurate filing of correspondence; results etc.
· Scan information onto patient records ensuring accuracy at all times.
· To receive and make calls as required, transferring calls internally and taking messages when necessary.
· Liaise with health care professionals and other outside agencies e.g., hospitals, pharmacies, local council
· To open and date stamp all courier and royal mail post, excluding private & confidential mail, and distribute to relevant individuals.
· To process private medical claims and fees - ensure all relevant data for claims and medical records are entered correctly and promptly on to the database.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
· Good keyboard skills
· Excellent telephone manner
· Numerate and Literate
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work to tight timescales
· Good communication skills
· Accurate and good attention to detail
Maths and English, GCSE Grade 4-9 or equivalent.
Business administration level 3 apprenticeship.
· Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved
· Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider – for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence
· Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to: customer service principles and practices, planning, regulation, responsibility and IT, business principles, customer communication and health and safety.
Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation. This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include multiple choice assessment; showcase portfolio of learning and interview; presentation of a project.
Future progression to be confirmed with employer.
Get in touch
If you can’t see what you are looking for, or would like to speak to one of our staff about your course, please fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch soon. Or if you need to speak to someone urgently, call us on 0191 433 8646
Get A Copy Of Our Prospectus
Terms and Conditions