General Manager (New themed German bar)
We are a friendly and family run but a fast paced company where no two days are the same. We are looking for a GM who will be a key member of our newly themed bar/restaurant.
Our GM must ensure that the bar, food and entertainment sides of our business, operate smoothly, with sufficient stock levels and staffing at all times.
The ideal candidate must thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment, maintaining a courteous demeanour with customers, as well as effectively making use of quiet times.
Strong leadership and good personal management skills should be accompanied by a customer service focus and commitment to our company image and values.
The GM must pay close attention to all operational details to ensure the comfort, safety and enjoyment of guests at all times as well as job satisfaction of staff.
Most importantly the GM must ensure the financial success of the establishment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing weekly schedules for staff to ensure adequate cover in all departments, for all shifts.
- Provide coverage in case of employee absence and adjust staffing as necessary to meet business demands.
- Monitor all stock to ensure adequate stock is maintained and to prevent excess pours and abuse by staff. Requisition purchases as needed.
- Oversee the cleanliness of the staff and make sure all areas of the business, including bars and kitchen areas as well as the toilets are clean and you must pay special attention to any possible health hazards and code violations.
- Review sales and beverage costs and reconcile any discrepancies in accounting. You must ensure proper cash management.
- Resolve any customer complaints promptly and according to company guidelines.
- Reporting and working with the company’s management team on a day-to-day basis.
- Prepare the bar and food menus and oversee the preparation of those products to make sure that the quality of the those served to the customer are of a high standard.
Qualifications and skills:
- Proficiency with point-of-sale software.
- Extensive working knowledge of alcoholic and food beverages.
- Knowledge of regulations related to alcohol service and health code compliance.
- Competency in resource management and inventory control.
- Customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, personal management and marketing.