Job Number 22122284
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, 140 Park Lane, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
LONDON MARRIOTT HOTEL PARK LANE – WHERE BOUTIQUE SERVICE BEGINS ON PARK LANE
Experience unmatched sophistication in Mayfair at London Marriott Hotel Park Lane. Perfectly placed in the city centre, our 5-star hotel welcomes you with bespoke luxury amenities and close proximity to some of London's most famous attractions. Intuitively designed accommodation is infused with boutique-inspired touches and offers plush bedding, marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Some rooms showcase breath-taking views of Hyde Park. Settle in for a meal, Afternoon Tea or evening cocktails at Lanes of London, or maintain your health at The Club at Park Lane, our fitness centre featuring an indoor pool, steam rooms, massage services and a modern gym. Our light-filled venues, superior planning and world-class catering services make us a superb choice for hosting impressive business meetings, social events and more. When it's time to explore London, you'll find the best of the city lies just beyond our hotel doors - from Hyde Park and Oxford Street to Marble Arch. We are part of Marriott International, the world's leading, award winning, hospitality company with more than 7,000 properties across 130 countries and territories worldwide. Begin your career journey with Marriott. Your 5-star experience awaits.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Loss Prevention Manager to join our five-star, luxurious boutique hotel. Have fun working alongside a fantastic team and enjoy a world where career progression opportunities and world class training is available to you. We enjoy crafting bespoke experiences for you.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK?
A points-based immigration system affecting the eligibility to apply to work in the UK has been introduced from 01 January 2022. Applicants with Irish citizenship, an indefinite leave to enter the UK or an indefinite leave to remain in the UK are eligible to work in the UK including EU citizens who already lived in the UK by 31 December 2020. Please refer to the Home Office website for more details. You can also prove your right to work to employers by visiting this website https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Provides front line leadership of the daily functions of the Loss Prevention department to ensure protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Determines & provides training of staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction whilst ensuring the hotel is in compliance with all legal and Marriott SOP requirements. A hands-on roll, providing active support to Loss Prevention team members thoughout the operation. Position is seen to be an highly knowledgable in all areas of hotel related Health & Safety law including adhering to Fire Regulations and local Licensing laws.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
Professional Qualifications/Licenses (current)
SIA License – Door Supervision, Key Holder and Emergency First Aid, Pool Responder. SIA – CCTV Public Space Surveillance (Preferred).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
• Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
• Develops detailed "shut down" procedures for the property to ensure that all areas are secured at the appropriate times.
• Comply with applicable federal, state and local law and safety regulations.
• Follow proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
• Develop a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
• Incorporate into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
• Follow Duty of Care process for the protection of guests and associates.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and associates.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and associates.
• Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and associate related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
• Oversees and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
• Oversees first aid program for guests and associates.
• Oversees the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
Leading Security/Loss Prevention Teams
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring associate understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Emphasizes teamwork, close working relationships with other departments and assertive hospitality to serve as a deterrent to crime.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides an open door policy.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Completes associate performance reviews in a timely manner.
• Enforces brand Standard Operating Procedures through documentation efforts.
• Train all associates on the four parts of OSHA.
• Train all new hires on loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Establishes a training program to routinely train the loss prevention department and other property departments on topics related to safety and security.
• Oversees all investigations for incidents related to both guests and associates.
• Trains officers to ensure that they report and document all safety hazards and improper lighting to the appropriate departments through the property work order system.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-wo