Airship has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join their team.
Location: Remote working/ London
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum depending on experience + attractive commission structure with minimum OTE of £34k
Job Type: Full-time
Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays + an extra day for each year worked.
Share Options: EMI Scheme in operation for team members
Dog Friendly: If you’ve got one, they’re welcome.
Who are we?
Airship build SaaS products for the hospitality industry, serving some of the most exciting brands in the UK hospitality industry - think Revolution, Byron, The Alchemist, Leon, Turtle Bay, Franco Manca, Zizzis and many more.
Business Development Executive - The Role:
We need someone to take ownership of the small to medium level B2B sales opportunities; both self-generated by sourcing your own leads, as well as handling those currently flowing into the business on a daily basis.
We need someone to help us build on our current momentum, engaging with potential customers of all sizes across UK hospitality who we’re not yet speaking with. We’re really excited by the opportunity to bring someone in whose daily focus is to generate new opportunities - we can’t wait to see what you can do.
Working closely with the Chief Commercial Officer, Sales Manager and Customer Success Team, you’ll be responsible for generating your own sales (alongside inbound opportunities) & hitting targets across our two core platforms. Winning new business and liaising with our Customer Success team to ensure the best experience for new customers. We’d love your work to be the result of a real passion for sales, being part of a team, and most importantly, delivering value for the customer.
When you join, we’ll immerse you in the world of Airship, Toggle, and the hospitality sector. This deep understanding of not only what the products are, but what they mean to our customers, is vital. We’re supportive, informal and love what we do; but we’re driven - we expect you to be the same.
Business Development Executive - Key Responsibilities:
This is a hands-on role. Roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. The key to the position is generating new sales opportunities & balancing the flow of inbound leads whilst upholding the reputation we’ve worked so hard to build. Making the most of all our existing integrations, case studies, relationships and PR to open as many doors as possible into new customers & sectors.
- Building your own pipeline of new opportunities, across all three of our platforms. Through a combination of direct calls, emails & social media sales
- Ensuring that customers & prospects are engaged in a way that only improves our reputation, always with respect
- Handing new customers over to our Customer Success team in a manner which gives the best opportunity for delivering the client immediate value
- Building your network of operators & suppliers in hospitality to grow your reach.
- Being the eyes & ears for our Product Development & Customer Success teams, to ensure we continue to evolve (quickly) in the right direction
- To build your understanding & appreciation of the hospitality sector
- Maintaining your forecasts & reporting of sales opportunities on a minimum of a rolling 3 month basis
- Working closely with our Sales Manager to support larger opportunities, with an aim to eventually take these opportunities on yourself
- Bringing a level of enthusiasm & positivity to the role
Business Development Executive - Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Comfortable making cold calls & sending cold emails to new prospects
- A creative mindset & a never-say-die attitude
- A passion for your profession & ambition to progress
- Highly organised and able to react quickly to opportunities
- Great reporting and attention to detail in recording progress
- High work ethic, and ability to work under your own initiative
- Ability to speak with people at all levels
It would be beneficial, though not essential if you also have…
- Some hospitality experience. We’re hospitality focused and it would be useful to have an understanding of our audience and the problems that we solve for them.
- Excellent sales skills and a proven track record of achieving KPIs
- Experience working in the SaaS (Software as a Service) industry
- Experience working with Pipedrive or similar CRM tool for managing sales opportunities
To submit your CV for this exciting Business Development Executive opportunity, please click 'Apply’ now!