Geo-Environmental Engineer - Preston
Our clients are a well-established environmental and geotechnical consultancy with offices based throughout the UK. Due to ongoing growth, they are looking to recruit a Geo-Environmental Engineer to join their Preston office.
- Producing Technical Reports: Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 Intrusive Geo-Environmental Reports, Phase 3 Remediation Statements, Phase 4 Validation Reports on a wide range of projects, DQRA’s, waste classification, water pipeline risk assessments etc.
- Providing geo-environmental expertise and advice to the Group’s area offices on a wide range of projects.
- Liaising with and providing geo-environmental consultancy advice to Clients.
- Liaising with Contaminated Land Officers, Environment Agency etc.
- Designing investigation and remediation schemes.
- Validation of remediation schemes.
- Peer review of external reports
- Circa 2-7 years’ experience in contaminated land and geo-environmental investigations and technical report writing
- BSc or MSc in an Environmental or Geotechnical related subject
- Strong technical experience on environmental and geotechnical assessment and design, remediation and validation of contaminated land
- Technical report writing experience of Phase 1, 2, 3 and 4 stages of investigation
- Experience and understanding of current UK legislation for contaminated land
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments would be advantageous
- Experience logging soils to BS5930/Eurocode7
- Excellent communication skills
- Full UK drivers licence
- £25,000 - £35,000 DOE
- Excellent opportunity for long-term development
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible benefits package