This is an exciting time to join Maverex, an independent, highly reputable, growing health economics and outcomes research consultancy based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Maverex specialises in providing health economics and health outcomes expertise to support top global pharmaceutical and medical device/diagnostic companies in demonstrating the value of their product and improving patient access to new treatments.
We are currently seeking a Senior Health Economist to join our successful research team to support a variety of market access activities. These include the development of health economic models to investigate the costs and benefits of new pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, or medical devices, supporting Health Technology Assessment submissions, conducting literature reviews to support model development, and supporting the communication of modelling activities through internal and external presentations, posters and manuscripts.
To be considered desired experience/education should include:
• Post-graduate or Master’s degree in health economics or a numerate subject (e.g., mathematics or statistics)
• Relevant research or work experience in health economics (Ph.D. or work experience in either HEOR consultancy, the pharmaceutical, medical device, or medical diagnostics industry, or academia)
• Practical experience in health economic model development in Excel, TreeAge, or R
• Experience conducting statistical analysis using either R, STATA, SAS, or SPSS
• A willingness to learn new technical and programming skills.
• A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Desirable attributes include the experience of working successfully as part of a team with a high degree of self-motivation; developing a wide range of decision-analytical models; ability to communicate complex information effectively (written and verbal).
Benefits of working at Maverex include;
We are extremely proud of our supportive and autonomous working environment. Our small and growing team is friendly, engaged in their work, and happy to work for us. Here are some of the reasons why:
• Shared success: Along with competitive salaries, we offer bonuses to ensure that everyone benefits from our shared hard work and success.
• Flexible working: We offer flexible working around core hours with the opportunity to work from home two days a week.
• Career development: We encourage and support your career goals, with opportunities for internal and external training, and attendance at international conferences.
• Supportive environment: You will be valued for your individual contribution to the business in an open, honest, supportive, and empowering environment.
• Fantastic location: Our dog-friendly office in Hoult’s Yard is a stone’s throw from the Ouseburn Valley, Newcastle’s vibrant cultural quarter, with excellent options for transport, food, and after-work activities.
To apply please send your resume and covering letter explaining why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join our team.
Commencement of employment is conditional on demonstrating the right to work in the UK.
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.