£60,000 plus benefits
This leading transportation specialist are enjoying much success across the UK with an enviable spread of work. Currently they are seeking to recruit a Senior/Principal Transport Planner/Economist, who will be part of their Business Case and Transport Economics team developing business cases and undertaking appraisal and evaluation for transport and other projects of all scales, complexities, and stages of development
As well as being technically strong you should also have the ability to lead in time on the management of medium/large projects, as well as contribute to work-winning.
In more detail you will be involved with:-
* Contributing effectively to projects, undertaking technical work and contributing to reporting;
* Contributing effectively to proposals and engage in business development;
* Help build the team’s technical capability in newer and emerging areas within business case development and appraisal (e.g. wider economic impacts; ‘levelling up’;
* Help mentor and supervise junior staff; and
* In due course, manage medium/large size projects within the team, and work streams within larger projects.
* It is hoped that you will be a passionate transport specialist whilst supporting local, regional, and national policy objectives;
* Have experience with economic appraisal, an understanding of TAG, and experience specifying and interrogating transport model outputs to support appraisal;
* Have Excel and analytical skills;
* Have good written and verbal communications skills, including:
* The ability to back up opinions with well-constructed, evidenced arguments; and
* The ability to confidently explain complex analysis to non-specialists.
This group has an enduring commitment to generate success for their clients, for their practice and in the communities in which they work. A commitment that helps improve infrastructure, cites and transport, and ultimately the way people live, work and travel.
In return you can expect a very healthy salary and benefits package together with great potential for growth and development and the opportunity to be part of some ground breaking schemes