New vacancy for a Health & Safety Advisor on a permanent basis based in Scunthorpe commutable from Lincoln, Hull, Doncaster. Are you a HSE Officer, Trainer or Advisor looking for your next career step within a large, UK based organisation, if so, please apply below?
As the new Health & Safety Advisor you will be working within a large, UK based organisation on a permanent basis. Candidates who have a background within Manufacturing, Heavy Industry or similar would be most suitable to this vacancy but other applicants will also be considered.
As the Health & Safety Advisor you report to the site based, Health & Safety Manager.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- The H&S Advisor position exists to assist in sourcing, co-ordinating and documenting all training and development courses in line with individual requirements for all employees.
- The successful candidate will liaise and work closely with the Training Department and local Health and Safety Functions to ensure co-ordination and consistency across all employees.
- You will provide Health, Safety and training support within areas of responsibility and provide support to ensure deployment and compliance with the Health & Safety Management System aligned to ISO 45001.
- The post holder will ensure compliance of all employees, contractors and visitors within the Health and Safety legal framework by ensuring all equipment and working practices are utilised and applied correctly.
- The role will involve the provision of a complete training and competence development function to employees.
To apply for the Health & Safety Advisor position you will have the below required skills:
- NEBOSH General certificate beneficial.
- A relevant training qualification, i.e. PTLLS, would be advantageous.
- Experience of delivering training in a classroom environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and good presentation skills.
- Experience in manufacturing industry is desirable.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities through analysis of data.
- Effective interpersonal skills, person must be able to interface across all areas of the company.
- Good level of computer literacy and a willingness to undergo further IT training as required.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to maintain adequate records.
- Able to operate under own initiative to required deadlines and as part of a wider team.
As the Health & Safety Advisor you will receive:
- Basic Salary £30,000 to £35,000.
- 35 days holiday.
- Up to 16% combined pension contribution.
- Access to Occupational Health.
- Career progression.