Do you want to work for a well-known educational/research organisation in the North East?
We are looking for an Electrical Building Engineer to join a team in Durham on a permanent basis. You will join their Estates and Facilities department.
You will provide support towards a number of essential services as well as managing, maintaining and developing the infrastructure and building fabric.
This is an exciting, varied role so no day will look the same.
- maintaining and regularly reviewing a maintenance programme which takes account of short, medium and long term needs of all buildings and University grounds;
- implementing the works identified and funded within the various maintenance programmes and operating a system for dealing with day-to day requirements, including the provision of an out-of-hours emergency service;
- providing a professional, technical service to the University for the design, construction and procurement of new buildings and adaptation works to existing buildings;
- identifying and recording the use of space and advising on ways of increasing space utilisation;
- property and asset management;
- acquisition and disposal of built environment related assets;
- procuring and managing utilities and services;
- providing postal, delivery and security arrangements and advice to the University; and
- the delivery of a wide-range of customer-facing services, including: contract management; estates and facilities relationships management; housekeeping and cleaning, business resilience, event management; reception helpdesk; university retail; business support; health and safety; and management information
- Deliver professional customer-focused engineering support to all stakeholders
- Provide an effective, efficient and reliable electrical and data infrastructure specific to the needs of the university.
- HNC/HND in building services/engineering related discipline (or equivalent experience)
If you’d like to find out more, send across your CV and a member of our team will be in touch.