Reed Technology are working on an exclusive retained role with Waterstons for a fantastic role to join the business as a network engineer.
You will be joining a forward thinking consultancy business that have a true passion for technology and a company that will offer you a fantastic working culture and personal and professional development.
We’re looking for someone with a broad technical background who has a strong working knowledge across LAN/WAN/WLAN technologies. Key areas of experience for a successful candidate include network implementation of both wired and wireless networks, and configuration and deployment of Cisco and Meraki hardware (switching, routing, firewalls, wireless).
The role will predominantly be hands-on, implementing technical solutions for our clients designed by our Solution Architects while also building relationships with our clients and demonstrating a high level of customer service. There will also be opportunity for solutions architecture/design within the role and proposal writing should be expected.
• Work as part of a team or individually to implement and consult around networking solutions
• Work with Solutions Architects to understand their design and provide feedback based on your experience
• Provide quality documentation for the solutions implemented.
• Handover to Waterstons Managed Services team and client support teams where appropriate.
• Build relationships with clients and deliver quality work
Essential Skills & Experience
• Network implementation of both wired and wireless networks
• Configuration and deployment of Cisco and Meraki hardware (switching, routing, firewalls, wireless)
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
• Technical competence in the full stack of Microsoft Windows Server Technologies (Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy management, and general Windows Server technologies).
• Technical competence in general networking (IPv4/IPv6, DNS, DHCP, IP addressing, VLAN, BGP, VRF, ACL).
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands on their time.
• MSP background desirable
Additionally, candidates will ideally hold some of the following certifications:
If you are interested apply today to be considered for the role.