Randstad are recruiting for a Cell Manufacturing Engineer on a 6 month contract, which could extend to 12 months, for a client based in Hemel Hempstead.
The Cell Manufacturing Engineer will own the manufacturing system within the allocated manufacturing cell(s) by the creation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the safe and LEAN processes for existing and new products to ensure operations on time to standard and within budget within the allocated manufacturing cell.
Skills and Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent with at least 3 years experience of working within an assembly environment
- Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Confident with working on own initiative
- Excellent IT literacy, being a competent user of MS office
- Competent user of CATIA or alternative 3D CAD package
- To design, prove, implement and maintain Cell manufacturing system layout.
- Accountable for the definition, setup and optimisation of the processes within the allocated manufacturing cell.
- Establish, monitor, correct and improve the process performances of the allocated work cell in terms of capability and capacity.
- Accountable for the accuracy and optimisation of manufacturing technical data (including routings and build notes) within the allocated manufacturing cell.
- Manage the effective implementation of appropriate Lean tools and methodologies in accordance with the guidelines of the Vacuum Technique Production System (VTPS) within the allocated manufacturing cell.
- Is owner and responsible for the compliance of the production processes to current regulations in terms of Health, Safety and Environment.
- Accountable for the definition, setup, preparation and optimisation of manufacturing tooling and test solutions.
- Implement and maintain PFMEA for an allocated manufacturing cell.
- Implement and maintain risk assessments and manual handling reviews for allocated manufacturing cells.
- Perform cut-in investigation for the EC implementation process and ownership of the consequential phase out/in process for the involved parts and products.
The contract is inside IR35 and will pay £19.50/hour PAYE or £25.50/hour Umbrella.
If you are interested, please make an application at your earliest convenience.
Randstad Technologies is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.