Children's Home Team Leader / Senior Residential Support Worker
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Qualified level 3 Children & Young People - Senior RSW or Team Leader
About the job:
As a Senior / Team Leader, you will be key in helping my clients young people and leading a team of Support Workers. This is a challenging role, where no two days are the same, but the rewards are incomparable to any other job. You will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results on the young people in our care and the staff team you lead.
What would I be doing?
- Working with all levels of the Staff Team to safeguard the young people at all times.
- Leading, by example, a team of Support Workers to ensure the best care for the young people, including staff review, Supervision and professional development.
- Joining a supportive management team within the home to develop and update a range of paperwork, including Care Plans, Behaviour Support Plans and Risk Assessments.
- Participating in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events held within the home and wider community.
- Running the home in the absence of the Registered Manager and be on a rostered on-call system during the week
- Creating positive relationships with the young people and offering them unconditional dignity and respect.
- Meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural and cultural needs of the young people in care.
- Continually maintaining accurate and clear record keeping.
- Ensuring that the needs of the young people are being met and reviewing and recording changes to those needs.
- Actively contributing to the development of the team.
- This role will include supporting individuals with children as young as 5 years up to 18 years of age.
- You will be working with a variety of children from various backgrounds and including: Learning Disabilities (ALN Additional Learning needs), Emotional and Behavioural Issues, CSE Issues, Children who Self-Harm, Young Offenders and those with Substance Misuse and Detachment Disorders.
What experience or qualifications would I need?
- An NVQ Level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- Experience working with children/young people in a Residential Childcare setting, for at least two years.
- Experience in a supervisory capacity (ideally as a senior) for at least 6 months
- A genuine passion for care and to be motivated by contributing to the progression of others.
- A strong team player
- Knowledge of the Children’s Home Regulations and Ofsted Requirements
- Resilience to keep going at difficult times and to ask for support if needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy and an eye for detail
- A full UK driving licence
What would I get in return?
• Salary up to £28,000 per annum inclusive of sleep ins.
• Enhanced Pay Rates During Bank Holidays.
• A Real Work Life Balance
• Ongoing in house training/online training and career development
• Holiday Pay
• Work Based Pension
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.