CNC Process Engineer
£38-£42k (flexible for the right candidate)
Main purpose of job:
To develop processes to control both CNC machinery and tooling to ensure product is produced to meet customer requirements and standards. Fully accountable for ensuring that CNC operations meet safety, quality, and delivery to meet customer requirements. Responsible for developing DNC systems to control issue level of programs and direct delivery into machine tools. Have responsibility to develop and implement machine tool fixtures and cutting tools. Introduce tool life management of CNC cutting tools. To ensure both quality and costs are controlled. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
- Ensure production output is met within the desired time frame, quality and cost.
- Ensure the target productivity levels are met and are in line with company KPI’s.
- Communicate and liaise with other departmental personnel regarding technical issues to ensure customer timelines are met.
- Support tool changing and setting as required within the operations plan.
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations as required by the Operations Manager.
- Undertake continuous training and development of all personnel within the sphere of responsibility.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems where necessary
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Report any issues immediately as they arise to the responsible manager.
Although this role has no direct reports it is envisaged that the CNC Process engineer is able to lead a team of people to support activities such as process launch, New Product introduction etc.
- Fully understand all functional aspects of 2,3,4,5 Axis CNC machine tools.
- Understand CNC programming both at G Code and CAM levels.
- Have to ability to design and manufacture CNC fixturing.
- Be able to setup a database to monitor tool life.
- Taking the technical lead in problem solving using tools such as 8D’s, A3’s etc.
Leading the autonomous machine tool monitoring systems to ensure real time data processing.