Reed Education is currently recruiting for a Pastoral Support Worker for a Secondary School Based in Monmouth. This Secondary School is highly sought after by teachers and support staff. This position is for an immediate start. (35 hours per week term time only) £19,312 - £20,493 pro rata pa
- The postholder is responsible to the Headteacher through the Wellbeing Manager.
- The postholder liaises with relevant agencies to ensure that the school can meet the needs of the students.
- The postholder works on a professional level with all colleagues (externally and internally) as appropriate to establish and maintain productive relationships.
- The postholder liaises with parents, carers, and students as appropriate
Purpose of the Job
- The role of the Pastoral Support Worker is to support the learning, behaviour, health and wellbeing of a specified year group.
- The role ensures that all students are known well, that staff are supported in their classroom management, that standards of behaviour and conduct are consistently high, and that wellbeing issues are addressed professionally and effectively.
- Managing transition points during the day; making sure that students move promptly to the appropriate classroom, canteen area or break zone. Ensuring that students do not loiter in communal areas or congregate together between lessons.
- Frequently monitoring all classrooms within a Zone, ensuring a visible presence and support for both staff and students, and using radios to get additional support when required.
- Ensuring that students conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times. Ensuring that school uniform is worn correctly by every student
- Confiscating and securing mobile phones that students have used inappropriately. Follow school guidance on when phones should be returned, and to whom
- Keeping accurate records to inform the Wellbeing Team of issues, including the tracking systems such as the Behaviour and Health Care Tracking Sheet.
- Contacting home when a student is too unwell to stay in school and updating Attendance Officer. All issues to be recorded accurately on the Health Care Tracking Sheet
- Following all school safeguarding procedures.
- Evacuating your assigned zone when the fire alarm sounds, ensuring that toilets are also clear. Checking all rooms and closing all doors. At assembly point, reporting to and updating the Fire Marshall
If you would be interested in applying for this position please click apply to submit your latest CV