SEND Teaching Assistant - Harlow
Are you looking for a difference in a students life?
Tempest Education are recruiting SEN Teaching assistants to work in an SEN school located in Harlow Essex. The school are looking for friendly dedicated SEN teaching assistants who can support their pupils who have ASD/SLD/PMLD, you will be working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the classroom teacher. Please note, for this role you must be comfortable with personal care.
- SEN Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant
- Harlow - Full time
- ASAP start
- £65-85 per day, depending on experience
As an SEN teaching assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity for candidates who want to gain more experience in the rewarding field of SEN.
- Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support, 1:1 or in small groups
- Personal care
- Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
- Making and creating resources
- Helping to raise the attainment of the students
- Supporting the needs of students with SEND
- To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
- Adapt techniques to suit learners
- To monitor and track pupil progress
- Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working with children or young people who have SEND, specifically PMLD
- PECS and Makaton trained desirable
- A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
- A genuine passion for working with SEND
- Available to commit to at least December 2021
If you are interested, please apply below.