Quality Engineer required for my client based near to Crawley.
The successful quality engineer will be reporting to the quality manager and helping with the development of day to day production / testing of processes and equipment.
Quality Engineer Position Overview
- Problem solve shop floor level manufacturing issues, liaising with other staff and suppliers to identify the cause of the non-conformity and appropriate actions to prevent a recurrence.
- To be actively involved in the day to day production & despatch activities in production of the factory, working to resolve quality issues and prevent their recurrence.
- Work with our design and manufacturing teams to identify and implement changes to our products to improve quality, process throughput and reduce costs.
- As required, develop control plans and build instructions to assist the transition between design and manufacture.
- Assess new or changed components to ensure acceptable performance as part of the new production part approval process.
- Develop and build close relationships with relevant suppliers, communicating the needs of the company, in a professional manner so that we get the best response from them.
- Follows up quality concerns with our suppliers to ensure that effective corrective and preventive action is taken.
- Develop the quality of bought-in components and manufactured components to reduce errors and costs.
- Ensures that all non-conformities are logged on the company's MRP quality system, monitoring progress towards closing issues in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to the companies' culture of continuous improvement, leading teams to reduce waste and build mistake-proofing techniques into our existing processes.
- Ensures that all gauges used to determine the acceptability of components, products or processes are suitably calibrated.
- Assist in developing practical working documentation, for example work processes and test documentation, to support production.
- Assist in developing, implementing and auditing adherence to process flow charts covering all business processes.
Quality Engineer Position Requirements
- HND / HNC qualified in an electrical / electronic engineering discipline. Electrical is preferred.
- Previous experience with an industrial engineering company, in either of the following areas; electrical assembly and electro / mechanical or electronics assembly
- Hands-on practical problem solver, able to identify the root cause of concerns and implement corrective and preventive actions
- Able to deal firmly, but amicably, with suppliers to ensure that the quality of their products is continuously improved and that any issues are resolved in a timely manner and without cost.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, reacting to quick changes effectively.
- Must speak and write fluent technical English.
- Full UK driving license.
- Commutable distance of Crawley
Beneficial Qualifications and Skills
- Degree qualified in an electrical/electronic engineering discipline. Electrical is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office.
- Experience of an MRP / ERP system (preferably Dynamics 365).
- Background in Quality Assurance and product inspection methods.
- Six sigma green belt.
- Design software experience (AutoCAD, Inventor, AutoDesk Inventor)
- Experienced in application of formal quality methodologies and, preferably, formally trained in use of quality standards such as ISO9001
Quality Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary - £35,000 to £40,000
- Monday to Friday: 08:45 - 17:15
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) after long service this allowance increases further.
- Pension - upon joining the company
- Life assurance, after qualifying probationary period
- Private health and increased pension contributions after further qualifying period
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.