As a Systems Engineer Consultant you will be required to assist our clients in the delivery of the business goals and technical needs through the application of the high quality, professional systems engineering services. To act as a 'trusted advisor' to the client, providing mentoring and coaching on the application of system engineering principles to address complex problems.
The key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Requirements elicitation, analysis and definition.
- Development of Operational Concepts
- Capture and validation of Use Cases
- Definition, documentation and evaluation of system architectures and designs & systems modelling and simulation
- Trade-off analysis
- System integration, verification, test and acceptance planning & associated activities
- Systems engineering governance
- Systems engineering management, including preparation of engineering management plans
- Support to proposal / bid work
Essential Technical Skills:
- Demonstrable competence and experience as a practicing Systems Engineer with full mastery of systems engineering principles.
- Detailed working knowledge of the engineering lifecycle, from concept design, requirements capture and management, system and subsystem design, system integration, through to test strategies, acceptance and design update.
- Proven ability to decompose complex issues to an appropriate level of detail, in a methodical manner through the application of structured systems analysis and associated engineering processes and tools.
- Practical experience of requirements management tools (IBM DOORS or similar tools) -
- Practical experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods and tools.
- Practical experience of Architecture Frameworks (MODAF, DODAF, TOGAF etc.)
- Good understanding of designing for specialist and support engineering considerations (including security, safety, ILS, human factors)
- Familiarity with commercial and military standards.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Security Cleared to SC (minimum)
Essential Consulting Behaviours:
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills including the ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders with varying levels of experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and team skills with the experience to tailor personal behaviours to match the client's organisation and build trusted relationships with clients team members based on mutual respect.
- Manage stakeholder expectations through positive engagement to balance competing client and project priorities and then fully deliver against agreed commitments.
- Confident and self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously, managing high volumes of work, delivering high quality outputs to time and budget.
- Intellectual strength and flexibility to rapidly understand complex, sometimes unfamiliar problems and rationalise into workable solutions.
- Capable of indirectly supervising others around you to ensure the swift and accurate delivery of high quality work.
- Full mobility is essential, typically working on the client site with delivery partners and client teams.
Desirable Skills & Behaviours:
- Charted Engineer status.
- Previous experience in services
- Previous experience working within the defence, nuclear or other high integrity industries.
- Experience of related engineering management disciplines including:
- Change management and impact analysis
- Configuration management
- Risk and opportunities management
- Planning and estimating
- Continuous process and quality improvement
- Knowledge of standard security operating processes and procedures
- Willingness to learn and to work with a diverse range of people at all levels